SF Recruitment are currently recruiting a part time HR Manager on a 6 month fixed term contract.
Part time hours can be flexible, 3 full days or reduced hours over 5 days. Home working is also available, with an expectation to be in the office 1 day per week.
Our client a public sector organisation in Birmingham City Centre is looking for a HR generalist who is available immediately.
A stand alone role responsible for operating both strategically and operationally, delivering the people agenda. Full generalist scope, including full employee life cycle management from talent acquisition, retention and succession planning, employee relations.
- Form strong relationships with the management team and to be able to challenge, coach and provide guidance in a high-performance environment.
- Provide an excellent operational HR service that supports the core values.
- Lead and respond effectively to employee relations and other organisational issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Attend weekly Senior Management Team meeting and all staff team meetings, sharing HR updates.
- Admin responsibility of managing the HR information system and producing monthly payroll reports liaising with the external payroll provider.
- Responsible for a workforce consisting of employees, TUPE employees, agency workers, secondees and external consultants and therefore IR35 status and any contractual obligations need to be adhered to and managed, this includes drawing up relevant contracts and memorandum of understandings alongside the governance department
- Matching resources to future needs, looking at the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to grow the business.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection and onboarding cycle including delivering company inductions and terms and conditions of employment.
- Training, developing, and supporting employees to achieve their career ambitions and aligning a succession plan to the business.
- Map training by department to see where the gaps are and work with department managers to redefine.
- Develop in house mentoring programme.
- Create an environment in which the team can grow and succeed and where they can see (and are rewarded for) an alignment between their overall contribution and the success of the business.
- Completion of regular engagement and other surveys with actions and follow up with the team.
- Responsible for annual salary reviews, pay and reward strategy.
- Support team recognition and deliver team appreciation days in line with employee social calendar.
- Manage the employee Benefits Programme
- Develop activities and processes that aim to maintain and improve employee performance in line with the business objectives with the aim to ensure that the team do and can contribute positively to business.
- Working with line managers to ensure regular, effective feedback on progress towards objectives for all team members
- Establish a culture in which individuals and the teams take responsibility for the continuous improvement of business processes and their own skills, behaviours, and contributions to the business.
- Work with senior leaders to set the precedent and develop line management relationships that will in turn shape how colleagues discuss performance more widely.
- Supportive performance conversations that include ongoing feedback.
- Ensure all the team have meaningful performance and development reviews.
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment that is free from stress, bullying and harassment.
- Actively support the health, wellbeing and safety of the team and offer relevant training and updates to them.
- Enable leaders and managers to proactively assess and manage employee wellbeing and safety within their teams.
- Access work areas to determine if there is any risk involved, continually monitoring improvements.
- Maintain 90%+ e-learning and health and safety compliance, including GDPR and DSE essentials.
- Required levels of first aid team members fully trained.
- Ensure all applicable risk assessments are completed and logged.
- Attend monthly EDI meetings and champion the EDI conversation to improve practices and agenda.
- Ensure all managers and team uphold principles of fairness, equality, inclusiveness, and diversity across the employee life cycle.
- Supporting HR projects as necessary i.e. introducing new company benefits platform and suite of benefits and delivery of the pay and reward strategy (again I will have hopefully implemented this in time)
- Ensuring right to work checks will be completed in line with updated guidance from May 17th
- L&D focus; supporting the team via coaching / training on topics such as ‘Challenging conversations’, ‘Assertiveness training’ and ‘Stakeholder management’
- CIPD Level 7 qualified or 3 years’ experience in a strategic HR Manager role
- Experience of change in management
- Experience of delivery and design of soft skills training