5 days ago
Your new company
My client are a highly successful manufacturer based in Wednesbury with a number of high profile brand names. They now have a requirement for an experienced HR Manager to join the business to manage the day to day HR activity and support the leadership teams. The role is suitable for an experienced Advisor, looking for a step up into a management role or candidates looking for part time flexibility with 4 days a week or reduced hours 5 days both considered.
Your new role
As HR Manager, you will provide a full HR service to all departments within the Organisation, acting as a first point of contact for all HR enquiries.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities
* To assist line managers with HR issues within the Organisation, taking on individual case work and liaising with our Staff, legal and Occupational Health advisers where required.
* Provide advice to Staff on a variety of HR related issues including, attendance, annual leave, maternity, equality and diversity, grievance, disciplinary, health and safety, staff performance and other employment law related issues using External support.
* To work closely with departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
* Work with line managers to develop job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
* Reviewing and updating Employee handbooks.
* Undertake regular salary reviews, advise on pay, pensions and remuneration issues including benefits.
* Administering and maintaining employee records, preparing and collating contractual information for monthly payroll information.
* Completing the Payroll process for the Business and producing all Reports required for the Finance Department.
* Completing the year End payroll process and producing the required reports and distributing P60's to all employees.
* Interpreting and advising on Employment Law using external support.
* Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures with line managers.
* Planning and delivering training including inductions for new staff.
* Provide coaching and support to staff with line management responsibility.
* To be responsible for the attendance management programme including assisting in return to work interviews where necessary and in any communication with Occupational Health advisers.
* Issue Employment contracts and offers of Employment.
* Prepare, collate and distribute monthly reports on staffing levels to include, sickness, annual and other leave within the Organisation for Senior Management Team.
* Maintain the general sections of the HR database adhering to GDPR principles and training line managers to access and input data.
* Monitor E-Learning training and ensure Staff compliance.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced HR generalist, capable of working in a standalone capacity, ideally having previous experience in a manufacturing, logistics or closely aligned industry sectors. Previous experience managing a TUPE process is essential for this position.
Key Skills Required
* The ability to treat all information with confidence
* Communicate honestly, but tactfully with internal and external customers and managers above company standards and expectations
* Must be able to deal with sensitive cases and ER issues
* Must have a clear understanding of Basic HR Laws
* To be aware of and adhere to Health & Safety regulations.
* To be aware of and adhere to the Equal Opportunities Policy.
* To undertake any training considered necessary for the post.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by Senior Management
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of up to £40,000 Pro rata with full time or part time considered. You will need to be able to work onsite post lock down.