HR and Operations Manager
£40,000-45,000 per annum
Permanent, Part-Time (3-4 days per week)
- A member of the senior management team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company hires and retains the right people in line with the firms' strategy, specific requirements of each job and local particularities. This includes a strong emphasis on training and development.
- To build and maintain a strong relationship with the Human Resources department and mutually use facilities for staff vacancies and training.
- Responsibility for HR administration and maintenance of its high standard.
- To work in close contact with the line managers and provide counselling when required.
- Monitor and improve the company social benefits in accordance with the local market.
- To ensure expatriate staff affairs are handled properly and liaise with international offices regarding procedures and contracts.
- Overall responsibility for the monthly payroll including the checking and transmission of data, the processing of benefits, compliance of Inland Revenue and DSS requirements, verification of entries in SAP.
- To maintain the company premises in London in a suitable condition to comply with regulatory standards and Bank requirements
- To effect insurances on behalf of the company at agreed levels to mitigate risk to the firm and its staff
- To oversee the general administration services to the Branch including maintenance of the London customer databases, procurement.
- To prepare and control costs within agreed budgets for London for direct departmental costs and central costs for areas under the responsibility of the General Administration department
The ideal candidate:
- 5-10 years experience in a Human Resources department in Generalist role in a mixed cultural environment.
- Experienced in Human Resources project work and Operations/Facilities Management
- High level of presentation skills, both written and oral.
- German language skills would be advantageous.
- Detailed knowledge of UK employment legislation, remuneration & benefits
- Strong communication skills which enable the jobholder to communicate sympathetically but firmly
- Capable of building trustworthy relationships with managers of all levels as well as with staff and external organisations.
- High level of sensitivity and awareness of cultural differences and their impact on people's behaviour.
- Capability to mediate situations or meetings
- Ability to build a good working network internally and eternally
- Strong leadership skills.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration