LEGAL ADVISER AND CONSULTANT
About the role (and us!):
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic organisation focused on social impact. We are structured as regulated UK law-firm, business consultancy and ESG advisory firm (recycling our profits as not-for profit for social / environmental good). Working in a unique space within the Social Enterprise marketplace you will see both ends of the social finance spectrum - from commercial clients entering into impact investments to the Prime Foundation’s impact projects.
Prime is a fast-moving organization. We are looking for people who see the big picture but can get into detail and analyse. We are flexible employer looking for “balanced individuals” who take ownership and act as “trust adviser” to leading finance and social impact organisations. You will be able to work independently, build great relationships with all kinds of businesses and run successful projects.
What we’d like you to do:
- You will act as a lawyer adviser and consultant for our clients both nationally and internationally. This can entail:
- Providing legal advice and drafting legal documentation in collaboration with our senior partner
- Provide corporate commercial legal advice in relation to investment, social investment and scaling of businesses
- Drafting strategic business plans on business expansion considering legal, financial and social aspects
- Research into new sectors of social investment and social finance law/ finance law
- Review of internal processes and client project transaction management (including managing / instructing other lawyers)
- Review of legal and operational structures for organisations
- Business development. You’ll create business leads through attending industry leading conferences, manage relationships and develop them as appropriate. We’re not talking targets here, rather we want you to be able to communicate who we and are what we do.
- You will be a natural organiser who can keep up in a fast-moving workplace and making your own client brief and demands.
- You will have involvement with Prime Advocates Impact Projects from women of impact: www.womenofimpact.liveto www.osei-academy.com. These are a diverse portfolio of pro-bono projects funded by our commercial work. It’ll require you to get stuck in, plan effectively and build great relationships.
- You will have management responsibility for our interns from our University partners and responsibility of facets of our work collaborating with our wider team. This will enable you to have management experience and working with the brightest minds keeping you on your toes.
What we will give you in return:
- The ability to focus on projects which link to your personal social and environmental impact interests e.g. food security, ethical fashion, refugee support, water
- High levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Exposure to leading players in the social enterprise and social impact investment markets
- A market competitive salary
- We have afternoon tea every Wednesday at our office…
- Have over 5 years of commercial experience in a professional services firm and be an experienced professional looking to make your next career step. Preferably a lawyer with private equity or venture capital investment experience with over 4 years PQE experience.
- Ideally, have had some exposure to finance, corporate finance and/or financial regulatory law and/ or structured investments (in the legal context)
- Have proven experience of building relationships with firms (all the way up to CEO level), delivering projects and be a confident presenter
- Be a self-starter who can work autonomously with our clients’ senior management
- Be passionate about social finance and philanthropy (experience in social finance, social entrepreneurship or impact investing a plus, but not a requirement).
A salary of £40,000+ dependent on experience.