2 months ago
To assist the Group of Companies on a global basis in all legal counsel matters. To deliver timely and high-quality legal advice to the business all in a practical and commercially focussed way in relation to all relevant matters that reduce risk, resolve issues and maximise the opportunity for the business to deliver on its goals. To ensure compliance with all of the Company’s policies and procedures and relevant legislation and regulation.
• International Contract Management - negotiating, reviewing, drafting high level international commercial and corporate contracts;
- Distributor Agreements
- Installation Agreements
- Licensing Agreements
- Lease Agreements
- Services Agreements
- Review and Management of Terms and Conditions across the organisation.
- Compliance to ensure compliance on a full range of regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Providing advice and drafting documentation relating to all legal and regulatory compliance issues.
- Intellectual Property advice on patents, copyright, trademarks, database rights, design rights.
- Assisting with legal queries raised by different departments.
- Assertive and excellent use of initiative.
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- 100% reliable
- Confidential at all times
- The ability to conduct all work with integrity and responsibility at all times. The ability to adapt existing knowledge to cope with new technology and processes
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Planning and project management skills. Able to investigate, document, and maintain records accurately
- Good problem solving skills. Interpersonal, organisational and communication skills are also essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills are essential.
- The skill to establish key relationships swiftly and appropriately.
- Ability to analyse problems, situations and information, think laterally and present solutions.
- Have proficient interpretation skills for figures, statistics, regulations and policies.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- LLB/BSc/BA Law Degree
- Between 7 – 10 years experience in commercial litigation and contract law
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Experience in US Law preferable
- Able to demonstrate extensive involvement in drafting a broad range of commercial contracts and a comprehensive awareness of potential issues and pitfalls
- Active litigator skills and experience in arbitration procedures at an International level.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Experience in managing a varying and diverse workload.
*Part-time hours: 18.75 per week*
Salary: £20,000.00 - £25,000.00 per year (£40k - £50k Full Time Equivalent)