Our client is a small niche business based in Gerrards Cross. They are a start-up business that has been going for 2 years and moving forward with success. Working with two highly inspiring founders, the Legal inhosue solicitor position is a newly created role, suitable for someone seeking a flexible opportunity but with the room to grow as the business grows.
·1 – 2 days per week, but with potential to grow over time
·Flexible environment, work remotely with one day in the office.
·Flexibility as to whether structured as a salaried position or as independent contractor, but will be subject to a probation period
The role is primarily to manage the legal execution of loans, but there will also be general operational support required and a flexible candidate would be appreciated. The ability to get hands on is essential given the small size of the business.
Skills and experience:
- Qualified solicitor preferred, but not required if candidate has detailed experience on the legal drafting and execution of structured debt products (especially cashflow lending)
- General commercial legal experience required
- Experience with loan facility documentation, share charges, charges over assets, and personal guarantees is required. Experience in various other forms of security arrangements will help
- General operational experience would assist in setting up the filing and operational processes surrounding the completion and tracking of the loans
- In-house legal counsel
- Manage the conclusion of loans to clients:
- Receive instruction from the signed client Term Sheet
- Update template loan and security documentation with deal specifics
- Engage with client on various aspects relating to the loan and security documentation, including minor negotiations where required
- Conclude signing of loan and security documentation, perfection of security through (personal guarantees, fixed and floating charge over assets, charge over shares, personal guarantees, corporate guarantees), filing of charges on companies house, etc.
- Filing and archiving of client files including all legal engagement documentation and other pertinent information relating to the portfolio of loans
- Ongoing legal input where required – drafting and concluding any amendments to loan and security documentation
- General operational requirements, like documentation management, archiving and backup and various other items related to the legal engagement with clients
- Possible evolution to in-house company secretarial work and compliance. For the right candidate this could be part of the role from the beginning.