We are looking for an experienced Information Risk Assessment Manager.
The role holder will be a manager in the Information Risk Assessment team, leading on technical information risk assessments. This is to support how the firm identifies and analyses information security threats and risks to KPMG and client information in projects, initiatives, applications, IT resources, and Third Parties. The outcome of these activities is to advise on the controls necessary to keep these risks within agreed limits.
The role holder will provide support for the day-to-day service, providing consultancy advice to stakeholders and ensuring risks identified are entered into the Information Risk Register. The role holder will be expected to deputise for the Information Risk Assessment Manager (Lead) when required, and provide mentoring and support to the Assistant Information Risk Assessment Managers in the team.
Technical Information Risk Assessment
- Be accountable for performing security consultancy and risk assessments (such as information risk assessments, solution design assessments, penetration testing, security configuration reviews, change reviews and red team testing) on KPMG managed technology solutions, managing demand and prioritising appropriately
- Provide subject matter expertise, such as providing risk-based advice, technical security input, recommending security control for Cloud solutions hosted in AWS, Azure and GCP, providing remediation strategies and advice on configuration changes
- Provide consulting advice to CTO's, Technology Engineering and Operations, business service owners and 3rd parties on how best to implement the firm's information security policies
- Support the firm's mission to build client trust and confidence with regard to information security generally and information risk assessment specifically
- Stay abreast of industry best practice in relation to information risk assessments
- Risk management
- Proactively foster an environment that drives appropriate information risk control behaviour, including early anticipation, identification and mitigation of information risk, escalating issues in line with the Information Risk Management Framework
Awareness and collaboration
- Establish strong relationships with business and functional teams
- Establish effective relationships with IT service providers and other relevant stakeholders
- Build on and preserve the firm's reputation with clients, with regard to information security
Technical knowledge and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of information security with a strong hands-off technical security background
- Direct experience of performing security risk assessments of applications and infrastructure within the Cloud, such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Strong knowledge of information security standards (e.g. Cyber Essentials, ISF Standard of Good Practice for Information Security, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, CIS Top 20 Controls) and Information Security Industry Good Practices
- Excellent understanding of security risk assessment and risk management methodologies, as well as software development lifecycles, especially in the context of building secure solutions in the public cloud
- Cloud Security Certifications preferred such as AWS Certified Security Specialist, Microsoft Certified Security Engineer (AZ 500), Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer or equivalent
- Security certifications preferred (CISSP, CRISC or equivalents)
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to deal with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external, in a confident and assured manner
- Ability to prioritise and manage a complex workload, including multiple tasks for themselves.
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills
- Proven ability to identify and articulate information security requirements, risks and issues, and to make clear decisions and recommendations
- Ability to understand business drivers and risk appetite and to align threat intelligence accordingly