We are working exclusively with our client to recruit an Interim Head of Finance to control the financial affairs of a well-established charitable organisation. The role is for c14 months and offers remote working with monthly visits to site. Both full time (37 hours a week M-F) and part time (30 hours a week M-F) will be considered.
The post holder will embody the organisation’s ethos and values and will always model appropriate behaviours and in all areas of responsibility.
Apply promptly! A high volume of applicants is expected for the role as detailed below, do not wait to send your CV.
Commit to a continuous improvement culture and be prepared to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post.
Ensure CPD by attending relevant training and workshops, in relation to regulatory compliance and quality.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS AND DUTIES:
- To implement, develop and maintain an effective payroll system for the organisation.
- To manage the day-to-day financial activity of the organisation in accordance with HMRC, Charity Commission and Company House Guidelines.
- Production of annual and half year budget in liaison with the Senior Management Team.
- To form an integral part of the Senior Management Team.
- To manage and motivate staff in the Finance team.
- Assist the Senior Management Team to undertake regular reviews to help inform future actions.
- The verification and payment of staff, volunteers and Board Directors by BACS or cheque.
- To oversee the reconciliation of all bank accounts, including the Company Credit Card.
- The preparation of management accounts for the Board.
- To ensure that all financial procedures are robust and regularly reviewed and developed.
- Monitor and reconcile budgets for all services, reporting to the Chief Executive and the Board bi-monthly.
- To produce accurate, relevant, reconciled, and timely financial reports for funding bodies.
- To develop and implement a sales system for chargeable services, including the management of action against outstanding payments (debtors).
- To develop and implement an electronic and online payment system for chargeable services.
- To prepare annual accounts to Trial Balance.
- To liaise with external agencies (Auditors and Accountants) to manage the completion of Annual Reports and Financial Statements.
- To work alongside the Deputy Chief Executive to develop grant funding applications and tender submissions, taking responsibility for the financial aspects.
- To manage banking including cash deposits and the use of Company Credit Card, verifying all transactions, and managing payment.
- To develop and maintain a donor list, action gift aid returns and legacy records.
- To undertake internal audits as directed by the Chief Executive.
- To oversee some HR administration tasks of the Organisation, in particular Annual Leave.
- To comply with data protection and confidentiality in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures.
- Undertake any relevant training as required.
- Undertake any other tasks not outlined in this job description but which will assist the aims and objectives.
- You will be qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or Qualified by Experience
- A charity background is not essential for this role
- Remote working with monthly visits to the office
- You will be comfortable working as part of the Senior Management Team and liaising at all levels
- You will commit to the duration of the contract