Are you looking for a part time interim opportunity leading year end and audit for a small charity that is currently in the public eye? Are you an experienced charity accountant who can provide a stable environment of financial control at critical times? Are you available at short notice?
My client is a small charity whose work in the UK is often at the forefront of the media during trying times. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the Interim Part Time Head of Finance will cover for a period of 3-6 months at a critical time with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the year end process and finalise the charity accounts in adherence to Charity SORP
- Be the key point of contact for auditors
- Ensure all financial reporting is timely and accurate
- Lead and manage a small team in Finance and in other corporate resources
- Fulfil all Board level finance responsibilities and ensure the Board is left with trust and confidence in the state of finance within the Charity
The organisation is current phasing a return to the office in London, though for the right candidate, a fully remote contract can be offered. This would be an excellent part time opportunity, 3 or 4 days per week, for someone to lead the year end close and achieve a clean audit. Candidates with a history of doing so should be encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please meet these criteria:
- Have proven experience of leading a successful year end and audit process in the charity sector
- Ideally be a fully qualified accountant, though those showing the right experience without a full qualification should still apply
- Have a solid up to date understanding of Charity reporting standards
- Be available within two weeks’ notice
Applications are continually reviewed – please do not delay yours if you meet the above criteria.