We are recruiting for an interim Senior Manager to lead our Tax team. You will be responsible for fostering an effective relationship with HMRC and for assisting the CFO in discharging their responsibilities as Senior Accounting Officer.
You'll be part of the wider finance leadership team and help us foster an environment which is empowered, collaborative and focused on delivery and doing the right thing, whilst being willing to challenge the status quo and drive improvements. You'll enjoy working with others to solve complex technical challenges.
You'll take responsibility for the following areas:
- Calculating tax charges on a monthly/quarterly basis for the group and subsidiaries;
- Managing HY and FY tax provisioning and disclosure including liaison with External Auditors;
- Corporation tax compliance including managing quarterly payments;
- VAT Compliance and returns;
- Managing R&D claims;
- Identifying potential improvements to the Society's tax compliance and value adding opportunities within the Society's low risk appetite;
- Managing compliance with SAO regime;
- Managing external advisors to ensure the Society receives value for money advice and support as needed
- Horizon scanning and keeping abreast of market and industry developments;
- Being the Tax Subject Matter Expert in BAU and key transactions, engaging advisers as needed to cover all taxes in scope for the Society;
- Developing and leading the tax team.
Role can be undertaken with limited time (2/3 days per week) in the office.
You'll be ACA or equivalent, CTA is desirable but not essential and you'll have substantial experience of Tax Compliance in a Financial Services environment .
You'll be curious and want to understand how your role and activity fits and adds value in the context of Finance and the wider Society as a whole. You'll continually look for opportunities to develop both yourself and your team and look to step outside of the confines of your role in the support of colleagues and the Society. You'll engage honestly and constructively with your colleagues across the business to deliver great outcomes and ultimately cultivate an environment of collaboration, innovation and idea sharing.
You'll demonstrate a responsible and caring attitude by getting things done, getting things right and achieving this in the right way.
If you feel you have the right experience and skills and want to make a positive contribution to the continued success of the Coventry then please apply today.
The closing date for applications is 4th June 2021
About The Company
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. We're a national society, with local values and loyalty, and a caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say. Our recent employee survey rated us Number 2 in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For list. We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but a place where everyone can be long and feel proud to work. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the huge variety of people that make up our workforce.
We've got a whole range of different ways to support you, both in your role and wider wellbeing. Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies also help to make sure you're happy and in control of your work-life balance.
As an employee, we encourage you to take control of your career. We invest in our people, with regular opportunities for training and development. And later, if you're looking for a new challenge, we actively champion internal progression.