Internal Audit SOX- Contract 6 months - Investment Banking
We are looking for a strong and experienced risk and control professional. The candidate's prior technology experience must include the ability to identify and assess the risks and controls within distributed and mainframe environments. Experience in General Computer Controls reviews is a must. The applicant should be interested in validation and testing, as well as possess the technical aptitude to perform in-depth analysis. Work history should demonstrate strong attention to detail, execution and project management skills, the ability to influence, coordinate and partner within cross-functional teams while performing detailed walkthroughs and testing.
Primary Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Partnering with key stakeholders to perform key tasks
- Supporting other team members by being a part of integrated reviews.
- Execute and assist with the enhancement of the SOX testing program, inclusive of annual scoping, testing and evolution of current testing approach
- Assist in walkthroughs.
- Assist with the development, implementation and administration of test plans.
- Coordinate issue documentation and resolution with stakeholders
- Analyze Internal Audit issues for ITGC impacts to in scope central components/applications
- Support the quarterly 302 and annual 404 certification process for IT, inclusive of issue analysis, remediation reviews, senior management reporting and coordination with key stakeholders.
- Support the self-assessment training for ITROs, ITSOs, PAGs and CIOs
- Support the central component and application re-scoping based on results of business process walkthroughs and self-assessment results
- Partner with external audit to ensure clear communication regarding reviews and to minimize impacts to MS stakeholders in regards to testing support
- Assist with various meetings and committees associated with the SOX program
- Support the process of integrating the new self-assessment module in the Archer platform
Skills Required (essential):
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to professionally manage up or down the organizational structure of the group
- Ability to partner with various lines of defense within the firm
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint
- Experience in assessing the risks and controls related to Operating Systems (mainframe, Linux, Unix and
- Experience in assessing Service Organization Control (SOC)
- Experience in assessing the risks
- Preferred experience in data analytic and visualization tools
- Superior analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with key stakeholders and Senior Management
- Intellectual curiosity with a focus on information sharing and keeping up with industry standards/developments
- Collaborative and strong relationship building skills
- Self-motivator and team player who brings a "can-do" and coaching/mentoring approach.