We are looking for an interviewer to carry out telephone-based screening of those applying for permanent roles in our company. Screening calls are soft-skills based and don’t require specialist knowledge or technical skills. The role can be performed either from home, or from our offices in Kentish Town NW5 – we have no strong preference. Candidates must have considerable experience in interview screening, or related experience that would make them evidently suited for this role.
We are open to discussion on the number of days per week worked, and whether the role is on a contract or permanent basis.
Softwire is an award-winning employer - we have featured in the top 25 of the Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For awards for the past nine years running.
- Prepare for screening calls – which are each 30-40 minutes in length - by reviewing the candidate’s profile
- Call the candidate at exactly the agreed time, introduce yourself and explain the interview format
- Ask the candidate a series of questions, broadly following the agreed interview script.
- Engage with the candidate in manner that is likely to make them feel relaxed and open up in discussion.
- Form a view on their character, and whether or not they meet the criteria which Softwire are seeking in recruits
- Answer any questions that the candidate has on Softwire or the interview process – we will provide all this information, of course.
- Make a recommendation on whether or not to invite the candidate to face to face interview, including justifications for this recommendation
- Write up the interview and recommendation and submit it to Softwire’s recruitment system
- Discuss the candidate with the Softwire recruitment team if the decision is borderline.
- Work with Softwire to refine the script / content of the screening call, to ensure we achieve better and better results over time.
Specific skills/experience required
- Ideally several years’ experience in HR / recruitment, including a significant amount of time spent interviewing candidates.
- We will consider candidates with less experience who can demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- No specific qualifications required
Personal characteristics and attitude
- Confident and engaging personality – must seem warm and approachable.
- Highly articulate and excellent telephone manner
- A good listener and even better judge of character
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Good time-management skills
For permanent staff:
- Annual bonus subject to performance
- 5% non-contributory pension
- Frequent social events and company outings
- Subsidised, freshly-cooked lunches from our talented chefs
- Free on-site gym
- Free internal coaching service
- Free counselling service, both internal and external.
Softwire is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.