Please ensure you have read the overview of the BAT Return to Work programme before applying.
This is a terrific opportunity for a career returner to join the BAT Corporate Venture team.
The Investment team is responsible for:
- Building a start-up network and scanning the market to create a pipeline of investment opportunities in the CV's defined investment areas;
- Conducting due diligence (DD) on potential investments and partnerships;
- Developing strategic investment cases to be presented to the Investment Committee (IC);
- Structuring, negotiating and executing deals following approval by the Investment Committee;
- Closely work with the CV Portfolio Management team the CV Legal Cousel.
· Drive awareness of the fund and build a strong network of the start-up ecosystem, including venture capitalists, angel investors, other CVCs, investment bankers, external accelerators, event planners, meet-ups etc;
· Support the Investment Director on the scouting of the market to identify potential targets for strategic partnerships / IP acquisition / minority equity investments;
· Assist and ad-hoc lead on origination, negotiation and investment discussions with founders;
· Conduct and manage the due diligence inclusive of gathering market information, industry research, market mapping/sizing, and financial analysis;
· Support the write-up of investment papers and recommendations to the IC – comprehensive narrative with due diligence findings;
· Partner with legal counsel to review fund and deal terms, negotiate and execute investment transactions
· Support the due diligence on completed investments and help identify warnings ensuring strategic and financial value is delivered;
· Work closely with the portfolio management team and make follow-on investments or exits;
· Contribute to the development of the broader investment themes for the fund and shaping the future of the venture activity;
· Provide general support to the development and delivery of an investment and finance strategy that is aligned to and supports the fund vision;
· Build an internal network within BAT to source deals;
· Ability to build and oversee financial models and use financial valuation methodologies to assess company valuation, funding requirements, and structures for potential investments.
BAT invites those who have been on a career break for 18+ months and are seeking a supportive environment to re-commence their career.
Upon commencement you will receive one to one coaching support from Inclusivity's highly experienced coaching team, as well as group training to support you getting up to speed.
To apply - please send your CV to us with your covering letter inside the same document as your CV. Please send in a Word document.
This role is a full-time UK-based role, however BAT are an equal opportunities employer and welcome requests to work flexibly so please do submit your application if you would like to be considered on a flexible basis.