PwC’s Operate business delivers large operational and managed service solutions for clients to meet regulatory, risk and compliance challenges.
With over 1,100 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes Operate brings together top talent with a distinctive mix of knowledge and skills. We support clients by providing staff augmentation services, delivering large scale operational programmes and managed solutions. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines for some of the biggest brands worldwide.
PwC’s Operate is delivering managed services to clients across the UK and Europe. Our clients appreciate our professionalism, our people's skills and technology enabled solutions we use to deliver efficient engagements.
About the role
The successful candidate will work within the Contract Solutions team. We are an exciting data-led contracts legal team working for a wide range of clients including Tier-1 Global Investment Banks.
This opportunity is in our fast growing team as an ISDA Negotiator. Some of the duties include drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of trading contracts such as ISDA Master Agreements and lending agreements.
Who we are looking for
● Excellent academic background
● At least 1 year relevant experience, preferably at an in-house legal department or leading law firm drafting and negotiating ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annexes
● Previous exposure to the Financial Services sector in particular working closely with a sales/trading desk
● Understanding of the present and upcoming regulatory challenges for financial services firms
● Ability to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service
● Highly organised and meticulous
● Self-starter with a proactive approach and ability to work without supervision
● Attention to detail and high-quality standards of documentation, processes and control environment
● Exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills, both verbally and written.
● Law Degree or equivalent
● Postgraduate professional legal course (i.e. LPC/BPTC/IPLS)
● Legally qualified
● Spanish, German or French language skills
● Experience with other agreements such as Commodities Agreements or Loan Documentation
Where will you be based?
The role will be based in Belfast; however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond for short, medium and long term periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
What is in it for you?
As we’re responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We’re also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.
Closing date for applications is 13th November 2019 at 5.00pm.