Here at graze we’re on a never-ending hunt for tastier, crunchier, fresher, better snacking. Why? Because we want to help people enjoy healthy living every day. We think snacks made with seriously tasty, wholesome ingredients and lots of imagination is a good place to start.
After all, it’s what’s helped us become one of the market leaders. Now part of the Unilever family, we remain true to our nimble, tech-led beginnings to find ways to grow our multi-channel brand within the healthy snacking market.
We’re a bunch of like-minded people but we’re not all the same. We’re a diverse lot with different experiences and backgrounds but, like our snacks, we combine to make something wonderful. You can be yourself, feel like you belong, as you’d like to belong.
The role, IT Manager, Part time, (3 days/week. We can also consider spreading the hours across the week)
As a tech-powered business from the start, we have a sophisticated IT infrastructure to support everything from our head office and factory systems, to our website and data warehouse applications
We’re looking for an IT Manager to lead our IT team, reporting to the CTO. You’ll be maintaining and transforming the IT systems that graze’s business runs on. A lot is changing at graze, so we need someone with good experience in IT, particularly around networking and supplier management.
The team comprises you and two other IT staff. It runs all our network infrastructure and hardware, and manages most of our applications and suppliers. We have three sites: our head office in Kingston-upon-Thames (SW London), our factory in Hayes (W London), and a bakery site in Gloucestershire.
The role is currently fully remote. When national COVID measures are relaxed, the role will be based out of Kingston-upon-Thames. Occasional travel is needed to the other sites when required for projects.
Our systems and suppliers...
Graze runs parallel Microsoft Office 365 and Google (GSuite / Workspace) deployments for user management. We are aiming for a cloud-based infrastructure as much as possible, and to take advantage of any IT capabilities offered by our owners, Unilever. Our main technologies are:
- Microsoft Office 365 billing and user management
- Microsoft Endpoint/Intune
- Microsoft Security and Compliance
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Dell PCs and Apple Macbooks / iMacs
- SCCM and PC image deployments/WDS
- Google Workspace
- Cisco switching, routing and firewalls
- Apple Business MDM
- Various external suppliers for WAN, Wi-Fi, PBX, mobile devices and AWS cloud services management
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Working with CTO on IT roadmap, and discussing approaches and risks with your projects or team.
- Managing IT supplier relationships and costs.
- Running an effective process to provide IT support to the business.
- Acting as the final point of escalation for your team to resolve the most challenging issues.
- Setting up, designing and delivering IT projects.
- Holding regular one-to-one meetings with your team members, and helping them with their personal development and success at graze.
- Hiring, training and retaining great IT engineers, and creating an environment where they can perform at their best.
What we’re looking for in you...
- You’re curious! You can quickly understand and reason about the many systems and processes we have at graze.
- Solid technical background in IT, particularly around networking and device management.
- Good communication, to help us understand the available options and risks on projects.
- The ability to pull people together to help them define and solve problems.
- Using, setting up and changing processes as required to regulate incoming work, both for yourself and your team.
- You enjoy working with end users to build and deploy quality solutions that are valuable to them and the business.
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure. You like to get issues resolved and projects finished.
What you've done previously...
You will need to show you have performed well in most of the areas you will be responsible for and to show a good appreciation of the areas in which you have less experience.
In particular, at interview we will want to explore examples of you:
- Designing and delivering IT solutions
- Developing and communicating project plans
- Running and improving IT support processes
- Line managing and developing IT engineers
- Running processes for hiring, performance and personal development
What we expect in the first 6 months...
- Gain a good understanding of graze’s IT and business processes, so that you can lead confidently on any project or issue.
- Be able to identify areas of improvement and process changes.
- Be running processes to scope and build required changes to our IT.
- Build strong relationships with your team and key people you work with.
- Faithfully and confidently represent your team.
What we can offer you...
- A competitive salary, bonus scheme, 15 days holiday a year (25 days pro-rated for this part-time role) plus all bank holidays, BUPA private medical insurance and pension scheme.
- One day a year to use for volunteering, and one to use for a health day (both of your choosing).
- Remote working until it is safe to return to our offices, and then 1-2 days per week working in our Kingston-upon-Thames base, or on-site if required for a project.
- Time and support in attending relevant meetups and conferences.
- Hacker Time, one day per month dedicated to hacking away (no distractions!) on whatever you’d like. This could be learning a new language, trying out a new tool, or running a fun tech day with your team.
- Clubs, socials, Friday drinks and plenty of free snacks (when we are back together!)
- Plenty of opportunity for presenting on technical subjects, in learning and conference-style environments both internally and externally.
We’re all about inclusivity and making you feel like you belong.
We are passionate about having an excellent culture with strong meaningful values so the biggest ask we have is for you to be your authentic self every day whilst doing a great job.
It is the people that make graze what it is so if you think you have what it takes to join the team then please visit www.graze.com/jobs to find out more.
Powered by JazzHR