Our client is in the beginning stages of a migration to a web based services approach and they are looking for an IT Project Manager to help support this. Reporting to the Head of Digital Planning your key role will be to support the development and documentation of a digital strategy, to support the migration of administrative and information processes, systems to a cloud based hosted web services, using off the shelf products and services. This should include finance, HR and property services along with training and activities.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract and is a part-time role working 2 days a week or 4 half days a week. The pro-rata salary is £14,000 p.a. (£35,000 full time equivalent). This is a remote working position currently.
Your day to day duties will include:
- To provide professional advice on the streamlining and migration to paperless workflows, increasing transparency and access to information and services.
- To support the development and documentation of an overall architecture plan in support of the digital strategy, providing clarity on the location of system master data, the approach to system integration and overall data security and integrity.
- To support the development and documentation of a phased plan for the migration and implementation of the strategy in line with the architecture plan, ensuring that this optimises the services contracted with the consortium IT service provider, consolidates where possible the number of internal systems and services, and minimises the number of service owners accountable for managed service support.
- To project manage, standalone projects for the scoping, requirements gathering, procurement and implementation of a pipeline of associated web based systems in support of delivering the digital strategy.
- Working with the IT Contract Service Manager, to ensure that appropriate service and support arrangements are put in place to support the information systems, ensuring these are documented in associated contractual arrangements.
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with suppliers, stakeholders, senior management and departments (Finance, etc.) as required.
- Working with the IT Contract Service Manager, to develop supporting policies, keeping up to update and adhering to the IT policy ensuring the relevant strategic objectives are effectively reflected in new commercial arrangements.
- To ensure that records are maintained and effectively managed to a level that withstands scrutiny by senior management, auditors and that industry best practise is applied to contract and commercial matters. To ensure that commercial and contractual objectives of technology contracts are effectively tracked.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Diploma level or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technology field
- Member of a recognised engineering / technical institution
- Previous experience of successfully supporting the development, documenting and delivery of a technology related strategy for a people based organisation.
- Strong understanding of the principles of best practice technology system architecture, integration design and system security.
- Strong understanding of the principles of data architecture and analysis, with demonstrable experience of implementing effective master data governance.
- Demonstrable experience of using business analysis principles to document business processes, user and customer journeys.
- Extensive experience of planning and project managing the phased delivery of a technology strategy and the associated process change in a live operational environment.
- Experience of supporting technology related competitive procurements, undertaking selection against agreed requirements and negotiating associated supply and service contracts
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring an IT provider both delivers and improves the expected level of contracted service
- Ability to deliver multiple activities concurrently on time and to budget.
- Leading on legal documentation, contracts and reporting in a trust and charitable context.
- Experience of managing a project team, including where staff are line managed by others.
- Familiarity with GDPR legislation and European data protection in general to ensure compliance in design and delivery of information systems.
- Demonstrable proven negotiation skills utilising technical, commercial and legal information with the ability to achieve the desired outcome with suppliers, customers, partners and stakeholder.
- Makes sensible, intelligent decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations
- Effective communicator who is creative and imaginative with excellent written communication skills, including letters, proposals and policies.
Thank you for taking the time to apply to OPR Resourcing Specialists. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 7 days. We apologise but due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback on individual CV's.