Arcadis is looking for an experienced Technology Project Manager
The role sits within the Client Facing IT Services team, dedicated to improving service delivery and clients’ performance through the use of built asset technology, methodologies and processes, across a variety of sectors and engagements.
This role involves working closely with many of the company’s divisions and the customer’s Programme Management and/or Project Management team to initiate and follow through actions required to maintain and improve the business relationship, all contractual deliverables and service level agreements. As the successful IT Project Manager, you will be comfortable working in different environments delivering web application developments and software product implementations to internal and external clients.
Your day to day:
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Work with the project management team and the commercial team to resources and assign responsibilities on projects
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects
- Competent in different project methodologies
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Works closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Works with developers and designers to define and document questions, liaise with both internal and external to get new requirements and explain feasibility.
- Submits project status reports to stakeholders; reviews bugs; plans software releases; anticipates and reacts to change.
What you have to offer:
- 5+ years’ experience of working on projects within a formal Project Management methodology
- Excellent planning, reporting and organisational skills
- Experience of delivering a programme of discrete projects through others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A record of delivery within an environment of tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Working in a team as an influencer, organiser and team player
- Strong project management, analytical, communication skills with the ability to transfer ideas and experience clearly
- Experience of project delivery lifecycles in a software environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of built asset management practices and application of technology to such environments
- Broad business knowledge, with particular reference to project management and software delivery
- Demonstrable knowledge of project and/or change management methods and tools
- In-depth knowledge of full change lifecycle management
- Bachelor’s Degree OR experience (minimum 5 years) in a respective discipline
- Recognised Project Management Certification
- Highly numerate & analytical (quantitative/qualitative)
- Excellent planning and control skills using recognised project management tools
- Credible with client stakeholders, senior management and suppliers
- Excellent relationship management skills to build and maintain effective partnerships
- Excellent Communication skills - ability to present formal / informal findings in a clearly defined and persuasive manner
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels of stakeholder, both internally and externally
- Solutions design
- Confident and articulate
Projects will be based mainly in the UK (Leeds) and will require travel to other Arcadis offices and Customer sites as necessary and as we grow and develop opportunities has the potential to support projects in Europe and the Middle East
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches up to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
If that speaks to you, talk to us!