The IT Infrastructure and Support organisations for Close Brothers are currently dispersed over five autonomous business units. A programme of work is underway to centralise the technical Infrastructure and concurrently unify the Infrastructure organisation.
The successful candidate will join a customer focused team responsible for supporting services to the user population of Close Brothers Ltd (and remote users working in the UK). They will work as a member of the Bank’s Unified IT Service Desk to ensure the consistent and efficient running of the company’s IT systems.
An approachable engaging IT analyst; they will work with business users in managing some of the live production applications and provide the IT Service Desk function through high quality 1st line support to the business user population.
They will act as the single point of contact for all requests into the IT department through the IT Service Desk function providing high quality 1st line support services. The Service Desk core working hours are from 7am - 7pm, Mon - Fri. These hours will be covered in a strict rotating shift pattern.
As an IT Service Desk analyst you will work closely with the IT Senior Service Desk analysts and the Service Desk Team Leader to ensure that ITIL best practice is followed for Incident, Problem and Service Request management.
- Supporting customer requests through accurately logged, updated and resolved tickets
- Communicating clearly and frequently on the process / progress of any requests / incidents
- Delivering or exceeding customer expectations when fulfilling hardware and software requests
- Escalation of issues to senior analysts / senior managers in a timely manner and within SLA
- Ownership of all IT related tasks / issues throughout the incident life-cycle
- Delivering effective resolutions by demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of all technologies supported and maintained.
- Building strong inter-departmental relationships to ensure effective support as required.
- Applies in-house application knowledge to ensure user satisfaction is achieved / exceeded.
- Demonstrates capabilities required to build and maintain corporate-issued devices (such as laptops, desktops, iPads and other mobile devices)
- Analyses existing technologies to provide recommended enhancements / alternatives as required.
- Rapidly learns new technologies and adapts to any changing requirements / environments.
- Resolve technical incidents as allocated and escalated
- Ensure SLA targets are achieved and working to reduce SLA target times
- Report on progress of incidents and update relevant service management tools
- Ensure relevant technical documentation is appropriately maintained and available