We are looking for experienced Java Developer to join a tier 1 investment bank for a 12-month contract (PAYE) - London office based. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Technology works as a strategic partner with business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses? and to our own.
We are seeking an experienced electronic trading Java developer to help advance its leading market making platform which supports a growing & market-leading business. Throughout this temporary assignment will work closely with the global Derivatives trading desks and quantitative strategists to design, develop and operate a low-latency trading platform, working on all aspects including trading strategies, pricing, analytics, signal generation and trading infrastructure.
While the role is within the Equity Derivatives technology division the platforms we develop support trading on all asset classes on products that range from simple delta one to complex exotics. The temporary assignment offers the opportunity to work with our experienced trading, quant, tech and time-series teams across the globe. You will work across the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment. This is a hands-on role requiring continuous delivery to support a high volume business operating across many global markets.
You will be using core Java development to build and enhance trading strategies and engines
The role involves working directly with the global trading, quant and IT teams to advance the platform and the businesses it serves? The project portfolio is varied, spanning new and existing algorithmic logic development, improving the technical and execution performance of trading systems, the generation and analysis of trading signals & data? You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle from discussing and agreeing requirements, formulating designs developing and deploying the changes? The systems you will work on are high volume, low latency, resilient, scalable and message-driven based on cutting edge Java and utilising the latest hardware
- Expert-level core Java knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Track record working in a front-office environment, working directly with trading and quantitative strategists to formulate requirements and solutions and delivering them promptly and safely to production
- Developing system for automated market making and/or algo trading in high volume markets: equities, FX, liquid rates, etc
- Experience managing the operation of largescale, critical trading systems in high volume and high frequency environments
- Low-latency messaging middleware pub/sub technologies
- Candidate must have electronic trading & market knowledge: options / cash / ETF / futures preferred; liquid rates / FX acceptable. Option pricing and trading would be an advantage? Previous experience in a systematic trading environment (marketmaker, quant fund, sell-side inventory management) highly desirable.
- Knowledge of KDB or other time series data analysis systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team is essential
- HTML5? AngularJ
- C# WPF GUI and/or Java Swing GUI development
- OS level debugging/performance tuning