Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services, and they are in search of a Java Developer/ Software Engineer to join their leading Global Transaction Reporting team.
This role is Glasgow based, and will be a 12-month contract (PAYE).
As Java Developer, you will be joining a growing Glasgow team which is part of a much larger entity globally. Our clients have a highly reputable presence in London, Mumbai, Bangalore, and New York; collaborating regularly with developers of both core reporting applications and other applications outside of our team's ownership.
As a growing space, this is a great opportunity to be creative and take ownership.
- Working within a global agile squad responsible for developing
- Transaction reporting systems with robust controls.
- Production development lifecycle
- Operations Users to understand and best implement their requirements.
- Migration to AWS/Azure Public cloud,
- Being part of a modernisation programme,
- Big Data Management
Essential Skills Required:
- Java backend / Serverside
- Core Java (minimum Java 8)
- Experience using Spring
- Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Good working knowledge of; Data-modelling and writing performant queries
- Data Analysis / BI
- Experience in defining ETL and data pipelines
- Proven ability in understanding business processes and adjusting data flows
- Understanding of financial asset types and regulatory reporting
- Experience working with Data warehouses or MPP databases such as Greenplum
- UNIX systems and shell scripting
- Version control systems (git)
- Defining and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI, etc)
- Sound understanding of OOP design and SOLID principles
- Highly motivated and self-driven; ability to work independently and own issues to resolution
- Proven problem-solving skills