SOC Analyst (Security Operations Analyst)
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's home to our new Technology Operations Centre.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
What you'll do
Schroders Information Security department is looking for a talented Security Operations Analyst with a demonstrable interest in IT Security, to join a newly established SOC Team. Working within a larger Operations Centre, they will be responsible for receiving and managing global Cyber Security related incidents, ensuring the ongoing protection of the organisation's information.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in IT, have a passion for Cyber Security, excellent interpersonal skills and be a strong team player.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Experience within a Security Operations Environment or Networks Operations Centre.
- Good knowledge of IT Security best practices.
- Proven experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- A strong understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Good knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and resources and prioritise workloads.
- Works collaboratively, shares information, improves documentation and trains colleagues.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experience working within a Security Operations Environment or Networks Operations Centre.
- In-depth knowledge of security issues inherent in common corporate environments.
- Knowledge of Threat Intelligence Services advantageous.
- Exposure to at least one programming/scripting language.
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS principles.
- Knowledge of APT actors and their tools, techniques and procedures.
- Holds SANS FOR508 or FOR572 certification.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.