A truly wonderful opportunity for a Returner to reignite their laboratory career. This opportunity is offered on a contract basis and will be paid an hourly rate. BAT welcomes applications from those seeking part-time (minimum 25+ hours per week) through to those seeking a return on a full-time basis.
Please ensure you have read the BAT Return to Work programme overview on the Returners page.
Reporting to a supportive leader, this role will enable you to re-build your laboratory skills, with key responsibilities including:
- Measuring samples using a variety of physical and chemical methods, eg pH, NMR, Laser Diffraction Particle size.
- Preparing samples to support various development projects.
- Following GLP & SOPs in accordance to ISO9001:2015.
- Daily checks of regularly used lab equipment.
- General laboratory housekeeping.
- Assisting other development teams with sample preparation.
- Stock management of raw materials and flavours.
- Technical testing of e-Liquids (following established SOPs).
- Support shelf-life & scale up trials.
The successful returner will have:
A scientific background and be comfortable working in a laboratory environment.
Diligent & conscientious
Attention to detail
Familiar with general lab practices, full awareness of lab health & safety
BAT invites those who have been on a career break for 18+ months and are seeking a supportive environment to re-commence their career.
Upon commencement you will receive one to one coaching support from Inclusivity's highly experienced coaching team, as well as group training to support you getting up to speed.
To apply - please send your CV to us with your covering letter inside the same document as your CV. Please send in a Word document.