We’re looking for a Data Architect to step change how we use data safely within our borrowing collective. This will be Monzo's first hire for a Data Architect, with great scope to set the standards hopefully prove the need for more! For the right person there's opportunity to build beyond traditional data modelling and architecture and help support across process automation and analytical tooling.
You’ll help us with the following questions and challenges:
- How can we use the internal data we have safely to power better borrowing decisions?
- How can we make sure all the data we have is easily available, so we can make enable fast self service commercial decisions?
- How can we build automatable tools for our key business as usual data process in borrowing (reporting, provisioning and decisioning?)
You’ll be responsible for;
- Ensuring that data modelling is to a high standard across the organisation
- Developing and implementing a data governance framework
- Setting documentation and data quality standards
- Working with engineers to build data contracts between our services and data warehouses
- Coaching and training members of the data team in good practice
You’ll work closely with our exceptional data engineering, borrowing analytics, decisioning and engineering teams to build great data products.
You should apply if you have:
- Experience and a passion in data warehousing, big data, ETL as a designer or architect
- Strong SQL knowledge and understanding of data and databases
- A track record of working on data governance
- A desire to scale access to data modelling
- Experience of analytics, data science and BI approaches and technologies
We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
Once we reopen our office, this role will be London based.
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a technical take home task and 2-3 on-site interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.