Learning and Development Manager
G.Network is changing connectivity in London. As a 100% full fibre network, we are digging streets and deploying fibre to the premises (FTTP) across central London, offering world class products supported by industry leading service.
Private Equity backed and founder led, G.Network has ambitious expansion plans and as a consequence is looking for L&D Manager to help us realise them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded, excellence driven individual to drive customer growth at one of the most innovative telecoms companies in the UK.
The L&D Manager will be the ambassador of the G.Network learning culture, providing expert learning portfolio. Enabling the organisation's success, by coaching and developing its people through expansion on their talents and skills, building strong relationships and creating an inspiring learning environment which drives performance.
This role is an initial 6 months fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent subject to performance and business requirements.
G.Network would be delighted to consider application from those seeking part-time work of 3-4 days per week.
- Lead and drive the L&D function and be the first point of contact for all L&D related matters across the 6 divisions:
- Delivery (Civils)
- Engineering (including Field Engineers)
- Sales and Marketing
- Understand the strategic objectives, culture and the dynamics of G.Network in order to shape and define a L&D agenda.
- Responsible for end to end learning processes within the scope, including training need analysis, design, delivery, implementation and measure.
- Design training profiles for all roles identifying both mandatory and non-mandatory training and development which support the needs of the business.
- Develop and manage the technical training matrix in conjunction with Health & Safety requirements
- Coordinate & deliver corporate induction
- Further develop the high performing/high potential programme
- Deliver effective training and support on the induction process where required.
- Create engaging, customer focused training to be delivered through a range of methods including coaching, e-learning, webinars and face to face sessions.
- Create and manage a learning & development training calendar & resource library to meet training needs.
- Influence group and individual behaviours to support successful implementation and adoption of processes and behavioural skills to maximise organisational performance.
- Vendor Management: ensure efficient vendor and cost management of all providers.
- Ensure compliance by developing the Learning Management process, tools, templates, policies, guidelines as well as local legislations, audits etc.
- Keep up to date with developments in the industry, monitoring trends, practices and making recommendations relating to these.
- Responsibility for all training administration.
- Previous experience working in an L&D function in a similarly fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You are truly passionate about helping people to develop and grow.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to design, develop and roll-out training yourself - a hands-on approach is essential.
- Operate in ambiguity and make sound decisions from available insights.
- Expertise in new training delivery methodologies, including technology-enabled learning.
- Incredible planning and organisation skills - able to plan, prioritise, and be nimble to respond to new learning requirements.
- Proven track record of developing strong working relationships both internally across teams / levels, and with external providers.
- In this scale up phase, you must be comfortable managing strategy alongside operational and administrative requirements.
- Extensive experience in a mid-level/ senior L&D role, with a proven track record in managing the design, delivery and evaluation of high-quality, effective L&D programmes.
- Telecoms/Civils background is desirable.
- Ability to produce simple and effective insights from complex data.
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- Experience in a broad range of training and development tools and techniques.