Our company Softwire is a vibrant and successful software house with offices in Kentish Town, London. We offer challenging roles in a relaxed and friendly environment, and featured in the top 25 of the Sunday Times Best Companies list nine years running.
Our legal department is small and friendly, consisting of the Commercial Director, Senior Commercial Manager - and you! We are currently 100% working from home due to COVID, but once things get back to normal you can choose whether to work from home or in the office for much of your working time.
We're looking for an experienced, part-time legal administrator to work in the commercial department of our growing software development business, reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager. There is scope for development into a more commercial role.
The role is ideally suited to an experienced individual looking to return to work after a career break.
The role is envisaged as 15 hours work per week, ideally split across three or four days, and so would suit someone looking to balance work and family commitments.
- Delivery of client contract signature and filing process
- Assisting with contractor onboarding process in order that our compliance obligations are met
- Internal notification of contract signature
- Reporting signature status, and renewal requirements to the Senior Commercial Manager
- Assisting with implementing new / improved processes
- Review of incoming NDAs against a checklist
- Drafting standard framework agreements, NDAs and statements of work from template
- Negotiation of simple client agreements and work orders
- Drafting and negotiation of contractor contracts
- Assistance in researching legislative and compliance obligations
Skills & Expertise
Specific skills/experience required
- Relevant legal administration experience required.
- Understanding of or interest in contract law required
- Experience of in-house or law firm work preferred but not essential
- Contract drafting experience preferred but not essential
- Completion of training courses on contract law/administration preferred but not essential
Personal characteristics and attitude
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Well organised and able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong written skills
- Professional manner when dealing with customers and colleagues
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to thrive in an informal, dynamic, small team environment