Our client is a leading public sector body in the Greater Belfast area is recruiting for a number barristers or solicitors for a number Legal Adviser positions arising within their organisation.
Legal advisers are part of the Legal, Governance and Research Services Directorate. They carry out work for the Examiner of Statutory Rules, and provide advice and support to the Head of Legal Services
- Two full-time posts (37 hours per week) are available for a period of 12-18 months
- One part-time post (18.5 hours per week) is available for a period of 12-18 months.
- One full-time post (37 hours per week) is available for a period of 4 months, with the possibility of an extension
- Legal advisers provide:
- Legal advice and support on constitutional law and matters of parliamentary procedure
- Advice and support in relation to the technical scrutiny of subordinate legislation, including consideration of issues related to procedure, drafting, and human rights.
- Advice on the interpretation of primary and secondary legislation
- Legal advice and support on corporate matters
- Legal advisers will also carry out such further duties as the Examiner of Statutory Rules or Head of Legal Services may reasonable require.
What you'll need to succeed
- Candidates must be a barrister or solicitor entitled to practice in Northern Ireland by September 2020.
- Candidates must demonstrate:
- Knowledge of constitutional and public law in Northern Ireland, and in particular:
- The ability to interpret and critically analyse legislation and legal documents.
- A track record of legal analytical ability and sound judgement in the resolution of legal problems.
Candidates with at least two years’ relevant post-qualification experience (PQE) may be preferred to candidates without such PQE.
What you'll get in return
These are unique roles arising within the Northern Ireland Legal market with excellent salaries is on offer here £57,245
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.