London, Permanent, Part-time (3 days per week), £30,000 (£50,000 FTE)
Our Head of Legal is an increasingly busy woman. She now needs someone to help her in providing legal advice and support across all areas of our business. Additionally, we need that someone to take ownership of managing and maintaining our overseas regulatory registration process.
We are a boutique asset manager. Our approach to investing is fundamental – with a twist. Like most investors we aim to invest in well managed, low risk businesses. But, unlike most, we think the best way to do this is to take the results of academic research from cognitive psychology, or errors and biases, and apply them to financial markets.
The role is:
- Office based (near St Pauls)
- Three days a week (ideally Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
What you will be doing:
- Reviewing, drafting and amending NDAs, SLAs and other legal agreements
- Researching regulatory and legal developments in the asset management sector
- Reviewing, drafting and amending Fund documentation
- Documenting and maintaining legal processes for transaction work
- Communicating with various areas of the business on legal developments
- Communicating with external legal counsel (as required by, and in consultation with, the Head of Legal)
- Managing and maintaining responsibility for overseas regulatory registration process and working with the Compliance and Client Services teams
- Maintaining documentation and legal files
Who you are:
- Post graduate qualification in law – LPC / PGDL
- Organised and self-motivated
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information
- Ability to work independently; and assess and prioritise changing requirements and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
It would be great if you had experience and understanding of financial services regulation in asset management and ideally UCITS products. However, if you can demonstrate the skills and qualities we’re looking for we can teach you this.
We are happy to hear from career returners.