Legal Counsel - Central Bristol- Fantastic flexible working- Part time or full time.
Join an established legal team where flexible working and team values are at the centre of everything!
This role can be 100% remote with occasional very occasional office presence.
This is a high quality, integrated and efficient in-house legal team led by a highly experienced and relaxed leadership.
Our client is one of the world leaders in its sector.
As a commercial lawyer you will carry out an in house legal function as well as servicing other companies within the wider group from time to time.
This is an excellent chance for an experienced commercial lawyer to make their mark on an exciting business and to become involved in cutting edge issues facing the industry, including AI and machine learning.
The full or part-time nature of the role will depend on your background. You may be an experienced lawyer working in a full time role but looking for more flexibility and a better work life balance. Or you might be a more junior lawyer looking for a step up or into an in house role on a full time basis.
The ability to communicate to a high level with an aptitude for providing commercial advice will be key to your success.
We are also open to individuals with backgrounds that may fall outside the immediate requirements you see below. For example, if you are in a commercial property position/Commercial Litigation- we would like to hear from you.
The Team’s three core competencies are:
- Financial Services - insurance and associated regulations;
- General Commercial - contract negotiation, procurement, drafting and advice, sale and purchase of goods and services, agency and distribution, outsourcing and data protection; and
- IT telecoms/Media - procurement, contract, software licences and IP.
As a Commercial Lawyer you will:
Broad and varied experience of company and general commercial law;
- Be a solicitor with approximately 1+ years PQE (or have equivalent qualifying experience);
- Handle a caseload of non-contentious commercial contracts as well as providing ad hoc advice, support and training to the business;
- Be highly skilled and technically precise with the confidence and ability to negotiate, lead others and gain support of internal clients quickly;
- Be a team player, prepared to work closely with other lawyers in the team; and
- Build trust and confidence with internal clients and team members alike through your positive, progressive and enthusiastic approach to the challenges and opportunities which will present themselves.
We have developed a long term relationship with this team and we can recommend them highly. They are fun to work, highly sociable and fully engaged with the wider business. They are superb at supporting and encouraging a flexible pattern of work which in turn has led to great long term stability within the department.
Office/home working will be determined by the needs of the business and is largely self regulated.
On offer is a generous salary and flexible benefits package.