Our client is looking to recruit a Legal Counsel on a part time basis for 3-4 days a week.
You will join an established in house legal function working for a high growth and acquisitive international organisation.
This is a warm and engaging environment with a leadership open to flexible working.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible within the legal team for the provision of legal advice and assistance across EMEA and the wider global team.
This is a general commercial role offering great scope to broaden your exposure beyond the regular confines.
• Drafting, negotiating and advising group divisions and subsidiaries on a variety of agreements including non-disclosure agreements, agent, distributor and reseller agreements, collaboration agreements and non-standard and standard terms for supply and purchase.
• Assisting the group with negotiating and completing M&A transactions, joint ventures and internal reorganisations.
• Assisting with matters relating to freehold and leasehold property acquisitions and disposals.
• Assisting with banking and lending transactions.
• Leading or assisting with the management of disputes and claims made.
• Assisting with the management of the company’s trademark portfolio and other IP matters.
• Assisting the Head of Compliance with work streams relating to compliance matters such as anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions and data protection.
• Planning and delivering training initiatives and training programmes for the business.
• Instructing and managing external legal advisors; including the issuing of clear instructions, the active management of the matter and the effective monitoring and control of legal spend.
• Assisting with legal team initiatives for the business, including the development of standard documents and enhanced processes for standard legal work streams.
• 2+ years PQE with solid experience in general commercial contracts.
Additional experience in commercial real estate, corporate, IP or disputes/litigation highly desirable.