The Enterprise Tech & Services division is seeking a skilled Load Balancer Architect to design and implement F5 Load Balancers for a new trading environment in Asia. An experienced hands-on architect with solid technical fundamentals, proven expertise with F5 products, and a passion for automated solutions would be the ideal fit for this role.
- Working with Infrastructure Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Network and Security Engineers, to design and implement a well-documented, secure, monitored, stable and supportable load-balancer plant in a greenfield environment
- Designing and implementing a lifecycle management plan for the F5 devices, including software upgrades, security patching and routine configuration changes
- Assisting application owners to incorporate load balancing into their designs in an optimal and cost-efficient manner. Acting as a top-level escalation point to perform complex troubleshoots, working with other infrastructure & application owners to resolve issues in the environment
- Key skills required Experience with designing and implementing complex load balancer setups. Advanced understanding of F5 Big-IP architecture and LTM, GTM and VCMP modules
- Hands-on knowledge of F5 LTM & GTM load-balancer configuration and APIs (TMSH, iControl and iRules)
- Knowledge of deploying F5's Big-IQ centralised management solution in Enterprise environments
- Advanced fluency in networking concepts & protocols at all layers: TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP, SSL etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English Willingness to work flexible hours (from home) to meet with colleagues in Asia early in the European morning
- Experience automating repetitive tasks related to installation, configuration or management of infrastructure using Ansible, Python, shell or other scripting/programming language
- Experience deploying & configuring other network infrastructure (Cisco, Arista, etc...) Knowledge of virtualized and containerized infrastructure Understanding of modern software version control (git), deployment & build tools. Recognised industry certifications from F5, Cisco and other vendors.
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite at Morgan Stanley you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Morgan Stanley's skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.
Interested in flexible working opportunities?
Please speak to our recruitment team to find out if a flexible working agreement can be supported within this contingent/contract assignment
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and Morgan Stanley employees.