The Magazine/Blog Editor is responsible for administering our print and digital strategy in a creative and informative way. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals coming up with original articles for the magazine, creative and imaginative blogs and engaging weekly mailshots. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our copy presence ensuring high standards and member engagement.
Specific skills/experience required
- Manage all print for Purple Dragon ensuring that articles are current innovative and imaginative.
- Create and update an informative and interesting fortnightly blog.
- Manage and edit the quarterly magazine
- Create our weekly mailshot
- Manage any ADHOC member messaging via Mailchimp
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content.
- Communicate with our members and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Create and develop relationships within our teams to get the best possible information to create interesting articles and blog pieces.
- Understand and develop Purple Dragons’ print and digital strategy.
- Deliver monthly reports for our blogs.
Specific qualifications required
- Creative Writing/English/Journalism degree
- Good eye for detail
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience within a Writing/Marketing/Communications background
Personal characteristics and attitude
- Fun and Outgoing
- Understanding of Purple Dragon, it’s culture and concepts
- A great communicator with both children and adults
- Organised, calm and professional
- Be creative and able to think outside the box