Job Role: Manager, IT Service Desk Manager
Salary: £37,550 - £55,640
At TSB we're clear about what matters. Delivering for our customers, keeping things simple and building operational excellence. Bringing our exciting new technology to life in 2020 will help us do all this and more, so we can provide the type of products and services we know our customers need and want.
We're always looking for better. And there's never been a more exciting time to join our team.
TSB's CIO Team takes care of all the Information Technology aspects of the Bank. We cover the whole range of areas within IT, from Infrastructure & Architecture to Digital Transformation & Innovation. We are responsible for the Technology Operations and for managing our IT Suppliers, and we guarantee the Information Security for our Partners and our Customers. We also have ownership of Business Intelligence across TSB.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about our IT
The IT Service Desk team is critical to the day-to-day management of the IT Service Desk and the performance of the various incident and problem resolver groups. The role supports the Senior Manager of the team who is also responsible for managing the Service Request Catalogue, managing workplace services and end user knowledge, and managing the end-user communications tools and functionality.
The Manager, IT Service Desk Management will be part of the team that manages the day to day operations of the IT Service Desk supplier to support the bank. This also includes:
- Ensuring there is a single point of contact for all incidents, service requests and queries
- Ensuring that all relevant incidents and service requests are logged into the Service Desk tool, allocating categories and prioritisation codes
- Ensuring that the IT Service Desk carries out appropriate first- line investigation and diagnosis in accordance with specific set standards; assigning all incidents and requests to the correct resolver groups as soon as possible
- Recruiting, training and supporting the TSB IT Service Desk management team to support and manage the Service Desk supplier to ensure efficient and cost effective running of the Service Desk to achieve agreed service levels and targets
- Responding to incidents / requests that cannot be resolved / fulfilled within agreed SLA timescales
- Providing expert input and approval of the IT Service Desk practices and processes, including liaising and managing performance of supplier contracts
- Researching and developing solutions that expand or enhance the service and technology portfolios, automate IT operations, reduce costs or increase levels of service
- Identifying and assessing risks, and implementing countermeasures
- Chairing / conducting supplier review meetings with the Service Desk supplier to maximise business value on behalf of the Senior Manager when and if required
- Having input on the design, delivery and improving of incident models and workflows
- Evaluating performance of various resolver groups, including external IT suppliers
- Deputising for the Senior Manager of the team when and if required
The team will also be responsible for the Knowledge management, Service Request Catalogue management and End User Service Communications management. This includes:
- Ensuring that the Service Request Catalogue is produced and maintained, meets business needs and is available as required to business and IT users
- Defining appropriate policies and standards for Knowledge management, Service Request Catalogue management and End User Service Communications
- Approving appropriate documentation and organising periodic auditing to ensure compliance
What we need today
The skills and experience needed to do this role are:
- The ability to communicate effectively - both written and oral, at all levels (including C-Level at board as a minimum)
- Experience of working in an IT Service Desk; being familiar with the support strategy framework derivation and delivery for Service Desk operations (including day to day, tactical, and strategic needs)
- Being customer focussed, delivering the right things at the right time, achieving the highest level of internal customer excellence
- Being able to support culture change and development within the Service Desk team - fostering appropriate 'can do' behaviours and attitudes aligned to organisational values
- Being ITIL Savvy
- Having IBM Tivoli and associated component awareness
- Technical Enhancement & Development evolution - keeping up to date / ensuring value for money is maintained including derivation and delivery participation of 'Evergreen' principles model
- Vendor Products / market - keeping up to date with vendor product pipelines and enhancements
If you'd like to get stuck in and be part of the TSB team, hit Apply.
We'd love to hear from you.