Market Data Product Owner
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC's Global Banking & Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24-hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Products & services are offered through a network of more than 60 countries worldwide. The trading and sales forces attend to customers that include the world's central banks, international and local corporations, institutional investors, financial institutions and other market participants.
The Market Data department are looking to form a team of highly motivated and committed individuals to provide a significant contribution to achieving a 'best in class' shared service. The Market Data Service Product Owners are responsible for delivering the short and long term Market Data strategies and projects for their given business unit.
The product owner drives delivery/execution of themselves and the product manager supporting the Product Lead. Ensures adherence to GB&M Transformation framework this requires superior stakeholder management skills and an excellent all-round knowledge of the Market Data landscape (internal and external) to gain a deep understanding of the requirements and objectives of their respective business unit and the ability to devise and deliver projects in accordance with those objectives as part of the wider business management team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the necessary skills and expertise to be conversant in the following areas of Market Data management:
- Business requirements (with particular focus on strategic requirements)
- How the business use Market Data products
- Vendor performance and development roadmap
- Vendor licensing and commercial policy
- Opportunities for product optimisation
- Availability of data sources bank wide
- Industry trends and drivers for change
- Vendor audit management
- The successful candidate will need to have a detailed understanding of the services provided by Market Data suppliers and crucially, how each business uses those services (e.g. within an internal application or PTS).
The candidate will need to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of licensing and commercial policies which include:
- Material/Critical data carriers (e.g. Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg)
- Exchanges/Trading Venues
- Ratings Agencies
- Index Providers
- Security Identifier Providers
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Ability to easily identify commercial terms and conditions, restrictions and licensing policies of the major market data vendors and risks of using Market Data products
- Strong market data analysis experience and knowledge of wide range of market data vendors, exchanges and services
- Strong team player with ability to work collaboratively as part of a global virtual team
- Highly self-motivated with excellent people skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to see and understand the big picture
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written for discussions and communication at all levels
- Excellent administration skills
- Knowledge and experience of Market data tools such as MDM and DACS
- Excel proficient
- Desire to learn and constantly improve knowledge and performance in order to best support our stakeholders
- Ability to lead and motivate other managers and staff, employing appropriate management styles.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills set
- Experience of managing resources to achieve objectives using appropriate communication delegation and planning skills
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems whilst maintaining budgets, time scales and quality of output
- Ability to co-ordinate a wide variety of solutions into one or more projects, bringing a breadth of experience to the project and seeing the wider implications at all stages
- Business operational experience in a variety of roles centered on delivery of high quality customer service
- A sound knowledge of all aspects of Market Data, Asset Pricing, Instrument Data, Ratings Data and Calendar Data
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.