Market Intelligence Lead - London
We are currently looking for a Construction Markets expert to lead our Market Intelligence capability in the Arcadis Strategic Research and Insight team in London.
You will join a team whose focus is supporting our clients through the provision of best in class research, analysis and insight. To do this you will be involved with market intelligence, research-backed assignments, campaigns and input into strategy development.
This is a varied role and you will be involved with a range of activities to include commercial and economic data and statistics, market trends and forecasts, construction and property market intelligence, tender prices and input costs and the delivery of client-facing reports and commissions focused on construction, operations and investment markets.
This role has three main areas of activity;
• Shaping and delivering high quality externally facing market intelligence. For example, taking responsibility for external publications including our quarterly market forecast and annual International Cost Report.
• Delivering market-leading high value bespoke client commissions. For example, delivering tailored market intelligence reports and client presentations.
• Working with colleagues across the organization to support in delivering to results. For example, collecting and disseminating market insights including inflation data and forecasts.
In addition, the role presents opportunities to shape and lead in other areas of strategic activity, for example in the innovation and transformation agenda.
Key tasks will include but not be limited to:
• Leading the delivery of high quality, high impact market insight aligned with business and client priorities.
• Working with the Strategic Research leadership team to effectively deliver multiple research projects to internal and external clients.
• Leading the development of new solutions for delivering market intelligence to clients.
• Integration of sector and service resource and expertise into research projects to provide value-added outputs
• Working with key functions within Arcadis to ensure the capture of demonstrable benefit from market intelligence projects.
• Supporting project delivery in the capacity of subject matter expert or research specialist.
• Development of market intelligence capability within the wider business.
You will have a deep understanding of the construction industry with the ability to interpret data to provide a market insight to help provide solutions to clients.
You will be confident in a client facing role and will be able to demonstrate the following:
• experience of multiple UK construction sectors providing an expert perspective of our markets
• knowledge of the operation of the markets in which Arcadis operates, showing familiarity with industry structure, procurement strategy, major players, common sources of data etc.
• strong communication and influencing skills – presenting findings in a clearly defined and persuasive manner.
• able to work well in a team, thinking creatively, and working successfully on a range of issues across a range of sectors.
• able to lead projects to a successful conclusion.
• able to see the ‘bigger picture’ whilst keeping attention to detail.
• be comfortable with ambiguity and confident in discussing research approaches and methods.
• demonstrate innovative thinking, problem-solving and output-thinking; understands client’s business need and delivers solutions.
• strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches up to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us!