Job title: Market Risk Associate
Corporate Title: Associate
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
- Support senior risk managers covering Nomura's EMEA vanilla credit businesses including Flow Credit Trading, ABS Secondary Trading, Credit Syndication and Acquisition & Leverage Finance.
- Review of the desks exposures as they relate to VaR, SVaR and IRC; and sign-off on daily values.
- Review of market exposures to ensure desks are within trading limits.
- Develop and produce risk reports used by senior management, as well as prototype reports to be handed over to the risk reporting team.
- Run stress scenarios on trading positions used by senior management to gauge the risks of the portfolio
- Perform scenario and capital analysis on trades to determine whether they are within the firms risk appetite.
- Review risk measures to ensure accuracy of the risk produced by analytic systems.
- Participate in the review of infrastructure projects to enhance risk management systems, including FRTB.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- 1 to 3 years of experience working for a financial services firm preferably in market risk management or trading.
- Knowledge of flow credit markets or a similar asset class.
- Strong communications skills are necessary as the person will engage with a large number of groups on a daily basis (traders, mid-office support, product controllers, IT, risk analytics).
- Quantitative degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering).
- Detail oriented.
- Programming skills are a plus but not absolutely required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer