Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The Market Risk team is responsible for providing independent oversight of the firm's trading activities based on quantitative and qualitative analysis of all material positions and the current market environment. These findings are reported to key stakeholders within the firm. The role involves a diverse range of risk management responsibilities and provides exposure to the trading desks, other risk teams, finance, and senior management.
This is for a experienced position covering G10 FX and Emerging Markets (rates and FX) within the EMEA Risk Management team, which involves the following responsibilities, amongst others:
- Daily aggregation, validation, and monitoring of risk. Regular reporting of risk positions, limit breaches, and stress testing results for firm management and regulatory compliance.
- Identification and investigation of changes to risk profile, including analysis of VaR and stress drivers. Communication of findings to management.
- Working with the front office to understand and address breaches as necessary.
- Reviewing new transaction requests, identifying and assessing the key risk issues, including capital impacts.
- Developing a good understanding of risk systems and help to drive improvements where necessary.
- Ad hoc risk-related projects and infrastructure building.
- Keeping abreast of relevant market events and drivers.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Diligence/attention to detail and strong analytical skills to recognize/investigate significant changes in risk
- Strong communication skills to make management aware of said changes and new positions as they arise.
- Good prioritization skills and a strong work ethic to see each task assigned done thoroughly and correctly.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, or related quantitative field, or the equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with FX products and markets, and related portfolio risk profiles, including understanding of Greeks and impact on VaR.
- Strong communication skills
- At least 5 years' experience in a risk or control related function in financial services institution.
- Detailed and process orientated.
- Takes initiative and is proactive.