Who are we?
WiHTL is the most impactful Collaboration Community devoted to increasing women's and ethnic minorities' representation at all levels and in leadership positions across the Hospitality, Travel and Leisure (HTL) sector. We believe that through collaboration we can amplify the impact of individual inclusion initiatives, together we can have a bigger, louder voice for the good of the HTL industry.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to 5 million women and people from ethnic minorities across Hospitality, Travel and Leisure globally by 2025. We reinvest 100% of our profits into achieving our mission.
We are a small, friendly, hard-working team that is committed to making a real difference in the HTL sector.
Please feel free to visit our website www.wihtl.com for more information about our activities, objectives and team.
WiHTL is expanding rapidly and is now looking to add a Marketing & Content Coordinator to the team.
We are looking for someone who is a very able communicator, with expertise in digital platforms and tools and a passion for creating meaningful content that changes perspectives.
The successful candidate would play an instrumental role in helping to keep the WiHTL Community informed of our activities and content and to improve our reach through assisting with the coordination of our events, research, social media and website updates.
The role would suit somebody who has recently graduated/re-trained or equally someone who is further on in their career who is keen to work in marketing/content/social media (1-2 years + experience is preferred).
Applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting the Marketing Director with the execution of our marketing activities including email campaigns, website updates, social media posts, video content and landing page updates
- Working with design templates in Canva to help to create and keep up-to-date PDFs and social media posts
- Helping with management of the current social media platforms - LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram - updating posts and tracking interactions
- Processing and uploading our recorded webinar videos and presenter’s slides onto landing pages
- Assisting with identifying and executing improvements for our digital marketing campaigns
- Collecting together content for and helping to design PowerPoint presentations
- Helping to set up events in Zoom (or potentially other event platforms in due course should we work with them)
- Website tasks - uploading website updates, supplied content for blog posts and news articles
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- A keen interest and/or experience of in working in digital marketing, social media and content (knowledge of SEO, blog platforms and website design would be helpful but not essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proof-reading skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Basic knowledge or willingness to learn how to use Canva, MailChimp and/or other email marketing and design tools
- Ability to work collaboratively to execute tasks within a virtual team under tight deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritise as needed with an exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, dedication and flexibility
- Prior experience of or an interest in B2B marketing would be useful but not essential
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in raising awareness of the work we do at WiHTL to further diversity and inclusion in the HTL sector. You will be comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment where work is varied, fast paced, and hugely rewarding. You will have a genuine interest in digital marketing, social media and diversity and inclusion and be a highly motivated, creative, self starter.
You will join a passionate team of people who believe in making a difference in a purpose driven organisation, you will be able to contribute and shape our agenda and activities. We can't wait to hear from you!
- Flexible but ideally 4-5 days per week - working from home
- 6 months fixed term contract
- Immediate start date
- Eligible to work in the UK (we will not be able to provide visa sponsorship)