Marketing Communications Manager
(3 days a week virtually, contractor)
The Association for Coaching (AC), as we enter into our 17th year, as one of the leading, global professional coaching bodies, is looking for a dynamic, experienced, and delivery focused marketing communications manager to be responsible for driving and writing the content across a number of our digital and offline communication channels.
You will be joining a small in-house marketing team, and working with the CEO, Head of Brand and Marketing, as well as business support, regional teams, and the central leadership team. So being able to work collaboratively, as well as independently, is key.
At the Association for Coaching, growth is a key driver for us, while providing the greatest value for members as a progressive not-for-profit organisation, whose aim is to make a bigger difference to business, individuals, and society, advancing coaching and standards, worldwide.
We are professional body built on trust, being relevant (to the market and those we serve), and raising the bar, with the following core values:
This is a unique opportunity for you to help us to:
1) expand our thought leadership vision
2) to build our identity by developing a cohesive narrative across a variety of channels;
3) quickly ‘pick up and run’ with a number of key deliverables (e.g. conference content writing, refreshing our ‘tone of voice’, PR/events copy, etc). We have big goals, as the AC moves to create even greater ripples, or impact in the world, and we are looking for this role to share the same ambition!
What you’ll be doing
You’ll take the lead, as are Marketing Communications in-house expert, reacting quickly to seize opportunities as they arise. With a strong passion for writing engaging content, the role itself will be very execution focused, and being able to juggle a number of projects.
- Taking ownership of key communications projects
- Developing and coordinating key marketing content and materials to best support our marketing, brand and member engagement strategies.
- This includes ‘refreshing’ or creating new marketing collateral, service sheets, website and digital content, presentations, etc. to help drive visibility and our brand.
- Support the planning and execution of multi-media marketing and advertising campaigns, including research, writing copy, tracking, and analysis.
- Assist in all media and P/R activities, including the writing of copy and liaising and coordinating with journalists.
- Create high quality marketing materials/video case studies.
- Support the execution of our regional and digital learning events, along with conferences, which may include event logistics and management.
- Relationship building and problem solving
- Work as part of a team to support our ongoing social media efforts including strategy, content development, and monitoring.
- Ensure that all marketing activity is effectively managed, delivers RoI and supports business and member objectives.
What You’re Great At
This role will be a great fit if you're passionate about using your knowledge and experience to translate the firm’s value proposition, into world-class communications
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent copywriting and content management skills.
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to think creatively
- Proven experience and in Marketing, with both BtoB and BtoC.
- Able to work on a wide variety of marketing channels across multiple countries.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working within an international environment (ideally multi-lingual).
- Demonstrated abilities to work in an agile way, yet effectively as part of a team.
- 5+ years of experience, in a similar role.
You’ll also have an interest in coaching, with related industry experience
The AC has a flexible, virtual working culture, operating with diverse leadership and support teams and contributors across the world.
This role is 3 days a week – mostly virtually, with occasional face to face meetings in London.
This role will pay between £175 and £225 a day (based on a 7.5 hour day).
Why join us?
You'll be joining an international team of inspiring people, in an environment where your work will make a real impact in driving the mission of the business forward.
Over the months ahead, this role will be instrumental in helping us to grow around key strategic focus areas, to grow our numbers, drive excellence and standards, build our brand and inspire our community.
About Association for Coaching (AC) Purpose
Purpose - to champion excellence, ethics and mastery in Coaching , making a sustainable difference to business, individuals and society, worldwide.
Vision - to advance coaching and promote a coach approach to leadership, so that coaching ‘ripples’ as a key enabler for performance, responsibility, and fulfillment. We will do that by inspiring and growing an international professional community of 100,000 members, made up of coaches, leader coaches, mentors, training providers, educators, coach supervisors and organizations building coaching cultures.
If this is the role for you, please apply using the button below with your CV and Covering letter and send sample copy you've written to Sally Johansson at firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th May 2019.