What will I be doing?
We are currently recruiting a Marketing Content and Communications Manager to join our Marketing and Digital team based in Hull. Within this role you will be responsible for the production of compelling content and communication for Marketing campaigns that conveys the right message to the right audience.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
• Develop and own content strategy and develop content plan for marketing assets.
• Develop a message house using insight and data to ensure the team understands the appropriate messages for each audience.
• Produce marketing communications working with the Digital and Direct marketing managers to understand campaign objectives and performance results.
• Work with the customer insight team to understand customer attitudes and motivations.
• Generate new content ideas related to our industry and customers’ needs.
• Write creative, compelling and clear digital content for use in blog posts and the SEO strategy.
• Produce and promote content for all stages of the funnel from the top (Awareness) to the bottom of the funnel (Conversion) and ongoing referral (customer success).
• Ensure copy is consistent to our brand and written style guide.
• Analyse metrics to understand the success of content pieces and use the outcome to inform discussion about future content strategy.
What do I need to do this job?
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
You will be creative with previous experience in copywriting, marketing message writing with the ability to write compelling marketing.
Previous experience producing marketing materials in various formats including written and video formats is essential as is previous experience interpreting insight, understanding audiences and mapping the correct messaging.
You will have previous experience of working in a matrix environment where you are taking briefs and producing marketing messages / material to campaign timelines and will be comfortable writing customer communications for product and service updates.
Experience in SEO would be an advantage but is not essential.
What you will get from KCOM:
We are as passionate about our people as we are about our customers.
You will have access to an outstanding range of flexible benefits you can pick and choose from such as; exclusive discounts and savings with top retailers, contributions to your pension fund, life assurance and private medical insurance. You will be entitled to a generous holiday allowance and your birthday off work.
We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements, including options such as part-time work, remote working, job sharing or compressed hours. We have employee engagement forums, onsite facilities and services to support staff from all backgrounds.
At KCOM we celebrate diversity: We are an equal opportunity, disability friendly, lifestyle and orientation supporting, inclusive employer and everyone is welcome. Values are important to us as is the ability to work flexibly and the opportunity to progress and develop as a person and in your career. We want everyone to realise their potential and are committed to providing an environment which support this. We want KCOM to be a great place to work for everyone.
Who are KCOM?
For us, it’s bigger than broadband.
KCOM has been in the heart of the Hull and East Yorkshire community since 1904.
We're proud to be rooted in East Yorkshire and committed to delivering the world's best broadband service to the region.
We are an innovative, award-winning company that is committed to providing a friendly, helpful and world class service to our customers by putting them first. All of our people are responsible for giving our customers the best impression and experience of KCOM.
We completed the first stage of our Lightstream full fibre network - making Hull the fastest, most connected broadband city in the world in 2019. Now we're expanding our award-winning network to bring the benefits of full fibre broadband to even more homes and businesses across the region.
We are a business that thrives on working collaboratively to bring innovative ideas to fruition and continually striving to be the very best at what we do in order to keep our customers connected.
KCOM reserve the right to close this vacancy before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you submit your application as soon as possible.
We are only accepting direct applications to this vacancy and therefore no agency applications will be accepted.