Overview of x+why
x+why are changing the way the world works for good. We are uniting purpose driven businesses in uniquely designed coworking space and inspiring them to create greater change. We believe business should be used as a force for good and companies who do this are building better relationships with customers, suppliers and employees and therefore a more ethical, long term and profitable brand. Imagine what can be achieved by putting all of these types of business under one roof.
We are a B Corporation pending business and have already signed up some amazing members in our first space in Whitechapel Road which is 23,000 sq ft. The plan is to build x+why into a global kitemark for responsible business and build the number of these coworking spaces across the world.
We are looking for a marketing guru who can help the senior management team amplify what x+why are doing.
- Working with senior management and communications company to understand communications strategy and execution strategy
- Pull together internal communications to members (events, purpose updates, anything else interesting)
- Development of a marketing & communications projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Oversight of consistency of x+why brand on all collateral
- Executing the company's social media strategy across traditional and digital channels
- Be the amplification of the connection between purpose and profit
Required skills and experience:
- Someone who genuinely believes in the concept of business as a force for good and wants to help something or someone
- Someone who has found and had success with a target market
- Prior marketing, social media experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders
- A planner and communicator at all levels
- Need to be able to walk the talk, think of their personal growth and evolution and constantly challenge
- Create a strategy to inform and amplify what is happening, to internal and external stakeholder and to execute social media strategy and any Digital Marketing campaigns.
- Newsletters to members, shareholders and prospective clients
- Creating building and brand collateral
- Review and update of Social media channels/assets
- Generally amplify the message of what we are doing in conjunction with senior management and Comms Agency
- Input on leadership and influencer strategy and general amplification strategy
This is a words and pictures based role and requires someone who is meticulous in detail and design and, most importantly, has an ambition to see change in the way the world works.
We are totally flexible as to where you work, although feel the occasional trip to London (Whitechapel) to meet the members and see the space would be beneficial. You would be welcome to work in our offices whenever you wish and enjoy the amazing benefits we offer each employee.
We feel this is a 3-4 day a month role initially, but we are happy to review based on scope, skill and requirement of the right candidate.
The sooner the better!
We want to give you purpose – a genuine opportunity to make a change. We also hope you will grow with us as the business grows and become an integral cog in our expansion.