To work within the Engage team to lead marketing, communications and engagement for key mixed-use and office locations in the south of England.
The role holder will work to maintain and further develop the profile and engagement of a notable mixed-use scheme, engaging occupiers, local stakeholders, prospective occupiers and agencies to achieve maximum visibility, and profile for the client.
This role is part time based on 3 days per week and there may be potential to increase hours.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Set annual strategy and budget based on lessons learnt from previous year, tailored to the client and occupier requirements, including but not limited to: social media, website management, advertising activity, campaign management, brand management or redevelopment, communications platform, commercialisation, events activity and initiatives.
· Ongoing management of multiple budgets, ensuring best value and maximising fee opportunities.
· Responsible for the external communications plan to profile the location, including the channels detailed above, and ensuring local media coverage where appropriate.
· Lead all occupier communications for the scheme including structured comms (e.g. monthly meetings, weekly emails, annual occupier survey) and ongoing informal occupier meetings, ensuring all opportunities for promotion of occupiers and the scheme are captured.
· Creation and delivery of annual occupier engagement programme, including seasonal events, charity partnerships and wellbeing initiatives.
· Effective management of digital advertising, including planning, messaging, copy writing, implementation and reporting – ensuring new trends and best practice are applied to the scheme.
· Work closely with the client and real estate management colleagues to identify new opportunities for the scheme, project managing requirements where appropriate.
· Build relationships with key regional stakeholders, identifying opportunities for collaboration and enhancing regional profile, including relevant internal client teams, with attendance at relevant networking events.
· Act as spokesperson and ‘face of’ the scheme for media messaging where required.
· Act as a brand ambassador, ensuring any communications across the scheme are relevant and on brand.
· Effective management of agencies, including PR and social media, to ensure best value for money and service delivery.
· Produce monthly or quarterly (dependent on scheme) reports for clients and attend monthly or quarterly meetings, detailing marketing activity, outputs, results and recommendations.
· Continually explore latest trends in the industry and seek to push boundaries on own schemes to ensure they maintain market position.
· Support Head of Engage with wider opportunities, including research and conceptual development to sell services to new schemes and clients as required, and actively promote Engage services to internal networks.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· 5 years’ + strategic marketing management experience within a demanding environment, with experience of managing a myriad of stakeholder groups
· Creative thinker and problem solver
· Client/account management
· Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Self-starter, highly organised & able to work autonomously and keep management briefed on activity
· Ability to mentor more junior staff
· Campaign, event and brand management experience
· High level of experience of supplier and agency management
· Design skills (photoshop, canva etc.) – desired but not essential
· Excellent verbal and written communications
· High level of attention to detail
· Ability to present to clients and colleagues at a considered, strategic level
· Educated to degree level in a business/marketing course or a CIM qualification is desirable, but actual work experience more important
· Ability to travel within the UK is required, regular travel to Portsmouth & London essential.