Gymshark HQ is based in Solihull, however this role can be both flexible & remote. There will be an expectation (post-Covid, government guidelines dependant) for the successful candidate to also be flexible and be open to coming into the HQ at least once or twice a week.
Marketing Technology (MarTech) is critical to enabling us to successfully optimize and improve our marketing execution. Having the right tech in place which is fully understood and utilized will enable us to maximise the value of our data assets and drive hyper personalized, relevant and scalable communications and customer journeys across our digital channels.
The MarTech Lead is a key role in ensuring we implement, develop and maintain a MarTech stack that allows us to be at the forefront of delivering personalized and aligned marketing comms, enabling them to be customer first, data led and drive performance efficiencies. Reporting into the Head of Data, you will ensure we can maximize the value of our data assets through the use of MarTech, whilst also partnering closely with key marketing teams (search, social, CRM) and the tech team to ensure we implement and leverage world class MarTech solutions.
A bit more about the role:
- Identify what gaps we have in our current MarTech stack, finding solutions to solve these in the short and long term
- Work with relevant stakeholders across media, data and tech to define our MarTech strategy, improving our current capabilities, driving best practice and supporting them through existing challenges.
- Work with the systems team to ensure we implement the most effective marketing automation efforts and processes, at the forefront of industry standards and best practice.
- Inform the marketing technology roadmap, ensuring it is aligned with the goals of relevant teams (search, social, CRM, analytics, data)
- Work with the tech team to architect and integrate different marketing technology products.
- Ensure that our Marketing Technology stack effectively utilizes our data assets in an accurate and timely manner, allowing an overarching view of the cross-ecosystem experience and enabling hyper relevant messaging and cross channel journeys
- Train and support marketing staff on the use of MarTech products.
- Identify opportunities to improve our marketing capabilities (data access, automation etc.) through improved MarTech, briefing this into the tech team and ensuring the appropriate solutions are delivered.
- Monitor the use of our MarTech platforms, finding opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and processes for more effective utilization of those platforms
- Research and identify new capabilities in marketing technology, run POCs to address gaps in marketing capability.
- Monitor SLAs, data privacy and other compliance reviews to ensure adherence to governance standards.
- Work with the marketing channel teams to understand market specific strategies and how our MarTech stack can support these.
- Keep stakeholders updated on project plans and timelines as well as the value unlocked through MarTech
- Have an in-depth understanding of the data flow across all Gymshark ecosystem touchpoints to better inform MarTech strategy and delivery
- Ensure that our MarTech stack effectively captures core data events, working with the data & tech teams to provide access to these within our analytics data warehouse & data lake
- Support the analytics and data science teams in the effective deployment of in-house segmentations and predictive models within our MarTech stack
To be successful in the role you would need the following:
- Extensive experience within a MarTech focused role, with heavy exposure and ownership of MarTech platform delivery and utilization
- Experience of successfully implementing and driving commercial value with MarTech platforms (CDP, marketing automation tool, campaign management solutions etc.)
- You are an extremely tech savvy marketeer, with the ability to understand the application and value of MarTech but also the way they operate and integrate into a business’s broader tech stack
- You have both an innovative and commercial mindset, finding new ways we can use technology to drive both commercial performance and operational efficiency
- You have knowledge of how first and third-party data can be leveraged within MarTech platforms to deliver audience targeting and personalization, including experience working with data & insight teams to deliver value from data assets.
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Opportunity to work on high traffic, high performing ecommerce systems
- Competitive 'Win Together, Lose Together' Bonus
- Full private medical insurance with no excess
- 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
- A truly flexible working culture
- A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
- Employer pension contributions up to 7%
- Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
- 50% Gymshark Discount & Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
- Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
- Great training and learning resources & 10% time for personal development
- Choice of hardware and access to the best software
- Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
- Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
GS Campus Perks:
- Refuel - Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
- Free Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership for yourself and two friends/family
- Free monthly massage
- Beauty and Barber facilities
- Free on-site parking