We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
We currently have an opportunity for a Media & Communications Advisor to join our team covering our Traffic Scotland contract. The role will be permanent, part time and is anticipated to cover 8 hours per week, so could easily fit around other commitments you have. As the Media & Communications Advisor you shall be the representative between Traffic Scotland and deal with any request by them to deal with TV, Radio or the press and issue factual information to the public.
In a typical week you will:
* Action responses by Traffic Scotland personnel to liaise with outside TV, Radio and press.
* Review how we present to the public and media the work we do on the road networks and keep this information informative and responsive.
* Undertake proactive work such as good news, new initiatives, improved services and faster completion of works.
* Ongoing liaison with the Traffic Scotland media team as to the most beneficial and appropriate ways of communicating information.
* Engage with wider media when unplanned incidents occur providing fast and reliable information regarding this.
* Prepare and issue factual media releases for public information, notifying the local and regional media of forthcoming works to be carried out.
* Attend quarterly review meetings and provide input to monthly reporting.
We want to hear from you if:
* You have a media or press office background.
* Experience of liaising with a wide range of media including TV, Radio and general press.
* Flexibility to work various hours.
* Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills. This is an ideal opportunity if you currently work on a part time basis and would like to slot another challenge into your working week.
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other. We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don't believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other's perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.