London Head Office
This opportunity is a key role in the Play Evaluation and Opportunity Delivery team as part of Exploration New Business at Shell. The role is based in London. As part of this team you will be jointly responsible for identifying and delivering geological understanding and regional context in selective basins and plays to identify and mature concepts that have the potential to become new Heart lands for Shell.
You will be a key member of the team that builds the subsurface framework from diverse datasets and develop the associated Play Based Exploration products, pursue prospect maturation and define the value case. The ultimate purpose is to develop and value opportunities which can challenge for resources and provide Shell future growth. You will work collaboratively with colleagues across Exploration New Business and the wider organisation to ensure efficient delivery of the best projects and the efficient close-out of others.
The successful Returner will have:
an advanced university degree in Geoscience (M.Sc or PhD)
– significant track record working in new ventures exploration across multiple basins and plays
– an advocate of Play Based Exploration thinking
– Proven experience in regional evaluations, prospect maturation and new ventures opportunity valuations
– Proven experience in 2D/3D seismic interpretation and well log interpretation
– Experience using Petrel
How to apply:
Submit your CV before 20th May 2019. Don’t worry about it being out of date. We’ll also ask you for a personal statement, or a covering letter attached to the front page of your CV. This helps us better understand why you’ve taken a break from work, what motivates you, and where you see your career heading in future.
We’ll review all applications and contact our preferred candidates to arrange an initial interview with a recruiter. Next, there’s a second interview, probably in person with the line manager. We’re aiming to communicate the outcome to successful candidates during July.
To apply for any role in the programme you will need to have:
- Taken a career break for at least 12 months (from the date of applications opening – 15 April 2019)
- A keen interest in returning to work
- Be able to undertake the role from September 2019 to March 2020
- Demonstrate previous experience in a similar field with the required qualifications
- Provide evidence of right to work in the United Kingdom
- Work for the equivalent of 3 days per week or more