Office & Facilities Management Assistant – Bristol
Arcadis are recruiting for an Office and Facilities Management Assistant with previous customer service/receptionist/office management experience to join our growing Bristol office. This role will suit someone who is looking to develop their skills and step into a career within the facilities management sector.
You will support the Facilities Manager in the management and delivery of the facilities services for the office. Provide day-to-day facilities management assistance to the office, including compliance with Arcadis office and health & safety standards and policies.
• Organise information according to procedures
• Respond to and resolve enquiries and problems, judging when to pass complex queries on to or involve others, to provide an effective service and clear advice to colleagues and customers
• Follow procedures to ensure adherence to Arcadis policies
• Manage administration tasks as required in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
• Raising of Purchase orders
• Ordering stationary and consumables from our preferred suppliers
• Manage the set-up of the meeting rooms for client meetings, ordering catering for the client
• Manage the visitor log and ensuring all visitors are given the Health & Safety briefing of the office upon arrival.
• Arrange security passes for visitors and staff, where required
• Booking taxis
• Managing the incoming and outgoing mail & courier’s deliveries/collections in accordance with site procedures.
• Ensuring project documentation are archived correctly and timely manner
• Book travel and accommodation for staff based in Bristol
• Ordering PPE for staff
• Assist in managing the pool PPE and issuing the pool PPE
• Inputting works onto FM helpdesk
• Become a fire warden
• Monitor contractor’s whilst on site
• Check and maintain first aid boxes
• Adhoc reception cover, when required
• Assist in any other duties with the office and facilities coordinator/manager
What you have to offer:
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of working in a customer service role i.e. office management, reception, etc. is essential.
• Interest in pursuing a Facilities Maintenance career
• Basic knowledge of H&S & Facilities Management is desirable
• Good Microsoft Office skills
• Confident in a people facing role with a proactive approach and strong customer service skills. Able to provide support to line management, occupiers and external visitors
• Works quickly and accurately through the planning and prioritising of own workload
• Communicates with others clearly, concisely, confidently with consideration and respect that engages the audience to achieve the desired result
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers:
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches up to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us!