Office & Operations Manager
AUSPEX is a geopolitical communications consultancy focusing on political, social and developmental campaigns for government and political clients across the world, working to the highest ethical and professional standards.
We offer a combination of advanced behavioural research, cutting-edge data analytics and digital engagement to help our clients reach, engage and persuade audiences – to win elections, drive social change, and gain support for political and economic reform. Our work ranges from complex
political research projects and polling in difficult environments, to full-scale campaign management for heads of state, prime ministers, political parties and movements.
Working out of London office, our staff of 15 come from a variety of backgrounds, many from societies dealing with conflict dynamics of one sort or another. We have experience across a wide range of disciplines – from research, data science and behavioural psychology to electoral campaigning, digital marketing and communications strategy.
To manage a variety of operational and administration duties to support a busy two-year-old communications agency.
This role is quite varied and flexible. It lends itself to a self-starter who is highly organised, experienced in management support and copes well with diverse priorities. We are open to consider candidates who have taken a career break.
Working closely with the Managing Director and Chairman, the Office & Operations Manager is crucial to the smooth running of the business – organising the office and taking care of all back-office support/admin functions so that the rest of us are freed up to service our clients. This is an understated but indispensable role, and will rapidly become the ‘go to’ person who knows what’s happening, where to find things, who to contact and how to get things done!
The role will cover:
- Office – landlords, local authorities, cleaners, security/fire, maintenance, keys, waste/recycling, utilities
- Finance & Payroll – bankers, accountants, account management, forex, expenses, accountspayable, invoicing, credit control, HMRC/VAT
- Insurance – buildings, office, equipment, PII, employer’s liability, travel
- Travel – visas, booking flights/accommodation for overseas travel
- Support for HR/Recruitment – Home Office (visa sponsorship), approved suppliers, contracts, job specs, references, onboarding, troubleshooting
- Management of suppliers/contractors – SaaS providers, freelancers, subscriptions, etc
- Oversight of data protection – DPOs, DPIAs, flow charts, procedures, ICO
- Liaison with legal – NDAs, referral agreements, immigration lawyers, property/employmentlawyers, etc
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Process orientated and able to manage and multi-task different priorities/demands
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, contracts, technical specifications
- Quick learner, able to understand the products and services of the business
Previously worked in a people-based B2B service business, ideally in a fast-growth start up;or equivalent experience in a role as described above
- Mature outlook, safe pair of hands, calm under pressure
- Able to use initiative and motivated to “get on with it” without being chased
- Efficient with time, good at thinking ahead, anticipating and resolving issues
- A strong people person and team player who enjoys collaborating with others
3 days (24 hours) per working week. We have a flexible working style and focus on getting the job done, and are happy to agree a work schedule that suits both you and us. Flexibility to increase hours as the role demands and business evolves is also desirable.
Predominantly working from our London office in Fitzrovia, with some time working remotely.
£25 - 30K per annum based on a three-day week.
Click on the apply button below and upload your CV and covering letter.