REED Business Support are working with a Client based in Portishead, recruiting for a Office Manager on a part time basis.
Hours: 23 - 26 hours per week
Working: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 2.00pm
Office: You will be fully office based, in Portishead.
Salary: £26,000 (Full Time equivalent)
The position will involve regular liaising with the directors, clients, consultants and planning departments to provide administrative support, monitor planning applications and provide supporting information. The role will include liaising closely with other office administrative, financial and HR staff.
A professional manner and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, professional consultants, Local Authorities and staff is essential as well as a flexible approach to working in order to meet deadlines.
• Managing directors’ diaries. Assisting directors by arranging meetings, preparing/ co-ordinating information to take to meetings, ensuring project files are up to date for meetings.
• Assist in assembling consultant and specialist teams for projects. Preparing a project directory for each job.
• Co-ordination of planning application submissions and preparing select supporting information for applications.
• Monitoring progress of planning applications and maintaining records of validation date and decision date for each project.
• Monitoring planning conditions to ensure information is submitted for their discharge in time to meet client requirements and that a proper record is maintained for each job.
• Organising public exhibitions and community / Parish Council consultation events in collaboration with the Presentation Manager.
• Organising corporate events and directors & Associate events.
• Implementing, overseeing & monitoring the office procedures.
• Maintaining records of disbursements for each job. Maintaining records of fee proposals for each project.
• Maintain individual Professional Development Plans (CPD) for director & Associates.
• Greeting clients and visitors to the directors and organising refreshments for meetings when required.
• Taking incoming phone calls and messages .
• Typing letters and correspondence, schedules, drawing issue registers for the directors.
• Greeting clients and visitors and organising refreshments for meetings when required.
• Ensuring the reception area and meeting room are clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
• Typing as required eg correspondence, schedules, drawing issue registers.
• Inputting data on to the system for the production of reports. Proof reading when required.
• Preparing post for internal distribution and dealing with out-going mail.
• Maintain the filing system both manually and electronically.
• Assisting wherever required to meet client deadlines eg folding drawings, photocopying.
• Emptying dishwashers in the morning and switching on at close of day. Washing up meeting room cutlery & crockery and put away items leaving the kitchen tidy.
• Place food orders and collect and prepare for meeting or seminars.
• Office shopping and banking if required.
• To carry out all duties specific to your role and position within the company in a professional and competent manner at all times. Ensure a smart appearance is maintained at all time.
• Maintain confidentiality of items passing through the reception to other staff members, clients & suppliers etc.