Office Manager - Part Time (30 Hours Per Week)
This is an excellent opportunity for a truly organised and motivated Office Manager to join a unique and innovative firm of Chartered Accountants who are based in the centre of Woking - close to the train station. This is a new role, caused by continuous expansion and success. The firm works almost exclusively with the social enterprise and not for profit sector, providing outsourced finance solutions. They act as Finance Directors for many clients and provide payroll, finance support and management / statutory accounting services.
The Office Manager will have previous experience of a senior administrative or operations role, ideally in a professional services firm and will be looking for a fresh challenge. The role is part-time - circa 30 hours per week and these can be spread over four or five days - so it could be school hours.
The company has an exceptional market reputation with many London based clients and has around 35 staff based in its modern offices in Woking.
Suitable candidates will have / be:
- Experience of administrative / operational leadership
- Experience of working in a confidential environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work and work to tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to keep a sense of humour under pressure
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible, pro-active and forward thinking with the ability to plan ahead
- Positive attitude
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensuring HR policies are complete and up to date
- Maintaining up to date holiday records
- Monitoring completion of timesheets
- Monitoring insurance renewals and ensuring cover is kept up to date
- Organising, attending and noting actions at Senior Management Team and other internal meetings. Following up action points.
- Keeping up to date training records for members of staff. Organising attendance at training courses
- Monitoring health and safety compliance, assisting with Office set up post Covid-19 lockdown
- Monitoring anti-money laundering compliance.
- Assisting with staff recruitment, organising interviews, references, contracts etc
- Ensuring HR records are maintained and up to date.
- Assisting in creating and maintaining a suitable, clean and pleasant office environment.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and other tasks as appropriate.
- Providing operational support to the Managing Director and working with the Senior Management Team, which may include but is not limited to, diary management and arranging meetings, taking phone calls and messages, filing, following up action points, printing and collating meeting papers
- Typing proposal documents and preparing slides for presentations
- Typing and filing confidential documents including employment contracts, salary letters
Location: Woking, Surrey
Status: Permanent, Part Time (Circa 30 Hours)
Salary: Circa £35KFTE (Depending on Experience)