Our mission is to help employees live better, in life and at work.
We’re an ambitious, fast-paced scale up where things change all the time. The success of our mission depends on your high expectations, your autonomy and your proactivity. We don’t have a rule book and that’s why we always strive to work better together. We’re up for a challenge to solve problems that are bigger than us, and we promise you one thing for sure - you will never stop growing here.
Perkbox works with companies to attract, motivate and retain teams by enhancing their experiences in and outside of work. We have established ourselves as a leader in the UK market by providing an intuitive platform that has a tangible impact on culture, happiness and wellbeing of employees across the country, and some of our customers include brands such as Nando’s, Caffe Nero, Krispy Kreme and Levi Strauss & Co.
Get a taste for life at Perkbox here
About The Role
As London office manager, you will be a crucial member of the People Team and you’ll be responsible for ensuring the Perkbox environment is a great place to work as we move into our brand spanking new offices. This is a role share, working 2 days a week on Tuesday and Thursday. Working with the other office manager, you'll be an essential cog in the small but mighty Perkbox machine. You’ll be the ‘go to’ person for all day to day runnings in the office and ensuring all employees and visitors are well looked after. As we begin to welcome our employees back into the office, you’ll also be working with the people team to review our processes and booking systems to make sure we continue to keep everyone safe at work.
Office Maintenance- All Office Facilities Including
To succeed in this role you’ll need to have a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude and be able to operate in an environment where you use your initiative to improve how we do things. We’re a small business and occasionally have to ‘muck in’ to get a job done, and we’d expect this from you too. On a day to day basis you’ll be overseeing:
- Ensuring office cleanliness
- Management of supplies/inventory and budget
- Organising maintenance of premises
- Liaising with building management
- Organising booking systems for hot desking and meeting rooms
- Stock checking (including both kitchen and office supplies)
- Working with the People team to ensure Covid-19 measures are current and keeping everyone safe
- Attending ISO meetings and ensuring the office complies with security regulations
- Coordinating with our Sheffield office manager to ensure alignment within both UK offices
- Setting clear daily tasks and instructions
- Overseeing workload
- Working with the HR manager to organise new starters and leavers’ building access
- Arranging desk space and necessary equipment
- Welcoming new starters and introducing them to the premises & facilities available to them
- Setting up Perkbox’ Happiness Lab to get it ready for all meetings and events, including the setting up of microphones/speakers
- Arranging seating areas
- Helping with internal webinar set up
- You are part of a small 6 person people & facilities team, and as you would expect, we all help each other out when it gets busy. You will therefore be expected to roll up your sleeve and help your colleagues when needed, and we all promise to do the same!
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Also Have
Above all, you’re someone who is happy to muck in and seek out areas to be improved with your own initiative. You’ll be passionate about creating an exceptional work environment and need little direction to ensure seamless day to day operations.
- Basic IT skills and familiarity with trouble shooting printers, scanners, speakers etc
- Experience in a bustling office environment where things don’t always go to plan
- A high level of organisation and attention to detail (especially when it comes to ordering office snacks and keeping the office looking organised and tidy!)
- A personable and approachable personality
- A proactive ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to be flexible
- Ability to patiently and professionally manage the office assistant and set daily tasks
- Be a natural problem solver always coming up with ideas to improve things
Are there any benefits beside the salary?
When you think of Perkbox, you probably think about all our free perks – like free coffee from Caffè Nero, free cinema tickets, gym discounts, birthday boxes, our employee assistance programme (EAP), and access to an online GP.
And yes – everyone who works here gets all the same great perks we give to our customers. But don't go thinking that's everything. Our culture goes well beyond the perks we're famous for!
We're also all about celebrating anniversaries and recognising your biggest achievements. We stoke the fires of your curiosity with external speakers and generous learning budgets. We practice transparency with regular 'Let's Talk' sessions from the senior leadership team. We take the time to listen to every single employee and use your feedback to make improvements to our company culture. We support working parents, provide pension plans, health care cash back and – are you ready for this one? We're a dog-friendly office too!