To support the Director and the Operations and Engagement Manager of the ICAS Foundation to achieve the strategic objectives of the ICAS Foundation and associated ICAS charities. The current focus of activity is awarding bursaries and grants to young people studying accountancy and/or finance at university together with a mentoring scheme.
- Process data for approx. 150 volunteer mentors.
- Process data for 150+ students.
- Process Bursary applications circa 130 per annum.
- Process Grants applications up to £100k in value per annum.
- Track conditions of funding are being met for approx. 150 students.
- Track quarterly updates from 150 volunteer mentors.
- Track half yearly updates from circa 160 students.
- Administrative support for Director, ICAS Foundation and Operations and Engagement Manager.
Specific skills/experience required
- Experience of working with university students and/or pupils in secondary school.
- Experience of managing volunteers.
- Understanding of widening participation and the social mobility agenda across the UK.
- ICT skills including knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of office organisation and administration.
- Experience of supporting Mentor/Mentee relationships.
- Experience of developing and maintaining appropriate filing and record keeping systems, including use of computerised systems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Specific qualifications required
- Experience in an administrator role would be beneficial.
- Excellent ICT skills including knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Office
Personal characteristics and attitude
- Prioritisation of work, particularly during periods when bursary applications are open.
- Understanding the needs of students from disadvantaged communities.
- Understanding the needs of volunteers and the legislative requirements.
- Reputational risks for ICAS and associated charities.